November 2, 1944 - Merseberg, Leuna Chemical Works and Oil Refinery (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

The bigwigs were not about to discuss policy with guys in my pay grade, but I believe you maay be right in thinking squadron stand downs were for maintenance checks etc. Also it provided needed rest for the crews. There were Group stand downs as well. When the Group stand down days were followed by squadron stand downs, it was time for a 48 hour pass for the crews.

According to Luftwaffe Flugzeugs-bestands -bewegungsmeldung, I/JG-400 lost a total of four Me-163b in november 1944 to enemy action. Three were send in for inspection and four were turned over to II/JG-400. The only other known Me-163b losses to enemy action are one Me-163b each in august and september 1944 for a total of 6 Komets lost to enemy fire.

The claim loss files for the Me-163 cover only 1944 and not 1945, note.

Best regards,

Del

wonder what the 4th fg P-51 Mustang gun cams show for the date ?

have found for the Fluzeug-bestand off of Michael H.'s site that some of the materials are incorrect, this goes for Jg 301 of note for my research as one unit.

Also for II./JG 400 the unit was most inoperative during 1945 according to vet and pilot Rudi Opitz and a very lengthy interview I did up with him. yes we are talking 1944 fall though......

thanks for your input

Users who are viewing this thread

Back