Nuclear Wepons........... A second look. (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

mikec1

Banned
Jul 9, 2013
Georgia, USA
..... Greetings ALL;

We look at the large bomber that we have made over the years,
and our tongue fall out of our month, and we say........ wow
what a neat looking aircraft.

..... We have a tendency to forget, or (may-haps we do not want
to remember), what they are made for.

View this book and ask your self. Do we really need these weapons .......
implos10.gif
......... :shock:.... :cry:

A special Thanks to ................ Bob Farquhar .......

Mike

Attachments

• 138910710-Duck-and-Cover.pdf
    25.5 MB · Views: 223
Last edited:
An interesting and very educational report.
I learnt the similar at school but not so much detailed and comprehensive.
Thank you very much for your courageous sharing, Mike.

I've had a chance to skip through this and very good it is too, so thanks for posting.

As to whether we need these weapons or not, the genie is out of the bottle and will be very difficult to put back in.

Cheers

Steve

imho? The nuclear powers (US, Russia, China, UK, France, North Korea, India, Pakistan, and almost certainly Israel) need a hell of a lot fewer than they have. A few dozen would probably be more than enough for any sensible country. The trouble is that sense and nationalism are, to a significant extent, mutually incompatible concepts. Of course, nuclear weapons do have the added advantage of having a significant chance of killing just about everybody on the planet.

I find it ironic that nuclear weapons, the most deadly weapons in history, and easily able to destroy the entire human race, is more than likley responsible for averting a thirds cataclysmic war on the planet in the 20th century, and so far, into the 21st century as well.

The question is; is the risk worth it?

I find it ironic that nuclear weapons, the most deadly weapons in history, and easily able to destroy the entire human race, is more than likley responsible for averting a thirds cataclysmic war on the planet in the 20th century, and so far, into the 21st century as well.

The question is; is the risk worth it?

If you accept your original premise that these weapons have averted a "cataclysmic war on the planet" then the answer is yes.
The problem is that your question depends on a premise which is not necessarily correct and may therefore be the wrong question!
Cheers
Steve

Users who are viewing this thread

Back