Old guys do exercise?

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Weather here been cold icy snow so been difficult and been flat on my ass but got away with it without injury.

Getting old and bad weather and all the gyms closed has been a perfect storm. So motivation has been low on the agenda. Especially after xmas and trying to get through January. January is the rectum of months. Hopefully brighter days, warmer evenings and the rid of the lockdown will bring better days.

Yep been sticking with indoor cardio for the last week as weather up here has been crap.
Going to give it another week on the routine I'm doing then look at stepping up to a slightly more intense workout !

My wife told me to cut down on fizzy drinks.
Apparently diluting it with jack daniels didnt count 🤔 :dontknow:
Switch to drinking rocket fuel. Several million Russians can't all be wrong! Besides, potatoes and rye are good for you!
Vodka Season starts 1 Jan and runs to the end of the year! Just check out the "Meanwhile, driving in Russia" videos all over youtube.
Apparently, T-34's have right-of-way no matter where they drive!
(not my fault they put the road crosswise to my path of travel!)

I haven't done much other than necessary activities since the accident in 2008.

Van.jpg

Since then, back, hip, and leg problems limit my activity. No more bicycling, golf, or tennis for me. I did take care of my disabled wife, from 2006 until she passed last year. I still do the shopping for myself and my two teenagers, and put away all the groceries myself. I do the laundry for the three of us and take out the garbage. At least I stay somewhat mobile. I tell my kids the day I stop doing things will be the day I won't be able to do them, so I'm not stopping unless I have to.

I'm 64 now. When I think of my dad, still doing a 40 hour week as an ironworker at age 65, when he retired, I get SO jealous. He passed when he was 80. Up until his last days, he would still walk a few miles to the local "fishing hole," walk around miles of shoreline while bass fishing, then walk miles back home. When he passed (sudden heart attack), he had just been on a ladder a few minutes before, picking two large brown paper shopping bags full of oranges for some friends who had come down to Florida from "up north." With any luck, I have those genes and will be able to at least remain as active as I am for a lot more years. I'm a LOT more conscious of heart health than he was, and we know so much more than we did in 1980. So, I'm not planning on going anywhere until I'm LONG past 80, so I can be there to harass...err...be there for the kids, for many years to come (even though a BIG part of me wants nothing more than to join my wife on the other side).

-Irish

I haven't done much other than necessary activities since the accident in 2008.

View attachment 612291

Since then, back, hip, and leg problems limit my activity. No more bicycling, golf, or tennis for me. I did take care of my disabled wife, from 2006 until she passed last year. I still do the shopping for myself and my two teenagers, and put away all the groceries myself. I do the laundry for the three of us and take out the garbage. At least I stay somewhat mobile. I tell my kids the day I stop doing things will be the day I won't be able to do them, so I'm not stopping unless I have to.

I'm 64 now. When I think of my dad, still doing a 40 hour week as an ironworker at age 65, when he retired, I get SO jealous. He passed when he was 80. Up until his last days, he would still walk a few miles to the local "fishing hole," walk around miles of shoreline while bass fishing, then walk miles back home. When he passed (sudden heart attack), he had just been on a ladder a few minutes before, picking two large brown paper shopping bags full of oranges for some friends who had come down to Florida from "up north." With any luck, I have those genes and will be able to at least remain as active as I am for a lot more years. I'm a LOT more conscious of heart health than he was, and we know so much more than we did in 1980. So, I'm not planning on going anywhere until I'm LONG past 80, so I can be there to harass...err...be there for the kids, for many years to come (even though a BIG part of me wants nothing more than to join my wife on the other side).

-Irish
I would have given your post a "bacon" but I too worry about cholesterol.

Actually, I seem to be in better health during the pandemic despite having had a membership at a gym. I have trouble sitting still and can walk quite awhile (boredom is a powerful motivating force). Plowing through large amounts of snow (and chopping ice) seems to help a bit.

Actually, I seem to be in better health during the pandemic despite having had a membership at a gym. I have trouble sitting still and can walk quite awhile (boredom is a powerful motivating force). Plowing through large amounts of snow (and chopping ice) seems to help a bit.

Surely you don't consider yourself a old guy ?
You're in your middle 30's aren't you ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back