Old guys do exercise?

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

The Basket

Senior Master Sergeant
Jun 27, 2007
Any of you older guys still do PT?

God damn!

When they say cardio they don't mean cardiac arrest!

That's my day gone.

I be lying in the corner weeping for my Lost youth.

Just hope I can walk tomorrow!

I haven't been working out as much as I like to but when I'm in the groove I run about 2 miles every few days. When I worked at the Air Force Academy I had a gym at my disposal and worked out several times a week during lunch. I'm 61 soon to be 62 and I think I'm in better shape than most people half my age, very thankful for good health!

Ha been talking to Terry about this very thing.
I forgot how much PT hurt :shock:

turned 50 last year and about 3 weeks ago started a cardio programme with a bit of Hiit running (high intensity interval training) 30 secs of decent pace running 2 mins of brisk walking repeat for 10 reps

Doing about 30 mins 6 days a week.

Lost around 12lbs so far

I had rotator cuff surgery in November so I've been a bit limited on what I can do. I got the green light from the doc about 3 weeks ago to start running again. Right now I can't do any upper body exercises except for the prescribed stretches on my right shoulder.

I'll be 69 at the end of this month ( officially, 171/4 being born in a "Leap year" ), and I'm really feeling the strain, due to the worsening effects of arthritis, and lack of treatment due to the Covid restrictions.
Getting up the stairs feels like doing " P Coy" ( Parachute Regiment selection course) all in one day, and is slow and painful, taking up to maybe 7 minutes at the moment !
And to think, not that long ago, I could still ski, walk forever in the hills, and beat the average 25 year old in a 100 meters sprint - with a 40lb pack on my back !!!
However, earlier this week I finally got the first of two Ritixumab infusions, due a year ago, and I'm starting to feel the effects, so looking forward to being a bit more active.
As for PT, I think I'll stick to my usual pattern for this, where "PT" means Pint Time ................. !!!!

Exercise, I could watch it for hours.

Women's Pole Vault? Don't answer that!

I am 47 years old with the fitness of being alive and above ground. So I got that going for me.

My blood pressure is a little high so have to shift a gear. Although how flogging my guts out is good for me I am hell sure I don't know.

My Gym been closed for a while now due to you knows what. So I do walking and workout from YouTube vids. If I can get my blood pressure back to where it should be then happy dayz.

If I were to plot my physical abilities starting from age 50, at the current rate I would forecast total immobility in 2 years! Getting old is a two edged sword; you cant't get around as much, but you are still on the green side of the sod.

I'll be 74 next month.
Up until about a year ago I was walking 3 miles every other day.
I'm still working a 8 hour day, 5 days a week, as a bodyman, well 7 hours.
The shop is owned by a well off DR. with a collection of cars, plus if a customer comes in, I work on that too, but no insurance work.
Since I'm working alone in a 2000 sq ft building I've worked right through this pandemic.
But last year I slacked off on the walking, and that was a big mistake.

I can see If I don't get back on a regular exercise routine I'm going to gradually get less and less able to live life the way I expect.

I've been slacking off of my daily walks. I was doing about five brisk miles a day for years. Hurt my foot a few months back but nothing serious. Then I realized just how boring these walks are. I'm with Capt. Vick

My walking trail is 3 feet deep in snow, so in wintertime I like to sling my flintlock over my shoulder, put on my traditional style snowshoes, and take a primitive biathlon hike on the trail. But this year the landowner's neighbors called the Sheriff to make me stop shooting, so I've kind of lost interest and am in danger of sinking into couch potatoism. You'd think that in a hundred and ten acres you could shoot a .45 round ball without making the neighbors paranoid, but people seem to be ultra sensitive these days. They don't seem to get nervous about people sighting in their deer rifles, but the Davy Crockett/Daniel Boone mythology sets them off.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back