Oldtimer Hahnweider Fliegertreffen 2009

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

BikerBabe

Senior Master Sergeant
May 21, 2009
Denmark.
www.bmwmc.dk
Hi all.

For those of you who are located in Europe and/or Germany, there's the Oldtimer Hahnweider Fliegertreffen in the beginning of september to consider.
I'd love to go as I start my holiday on sept. 1st and two weeks ahead, but I don't know if I'll be able to go.

The homepage's here - it's in german, but click on the british flag, and you'll get the page in english:
Oldtimer-Hahnweide.de

As far as I can read, the latest news on the homepage is that of a FW-190 participating in the airshow for the first time ever. ;)

Last edited:
Oh man, it's a beauty!

F-AZZJ.jpg

And this one, too:

HB-HOY.jpg

Here's another beauty participating:

OE-AKA.jpg

Oh I could go on, but take a look on the homepage under "Participant" - there's plenty of beauties. ;)
Argh, they're selling rides on the Ju-52...heh, 4 seats left on friday and on monday...*reads*...the rest is booked, or "leider ausgebucht ". :p

I think I am going to be able to do this. Kirchheim/Teck is right near where my inlaws live. It is only about 1.5 hours away. My wife should be all for it.

The Ju 52 flight might be a bit tough though, I do not know if my wife will allow me to pay 190 Euros for a 40 minute flight.

Looks like there will be plenty to see though. Several hundred aircraft will be there including for me the highlights:

Messerchmitt Bf 109G-4
6 x Ju 52
Fw 190A
Hawker Hurricane MK IIB
Hawker Sea Fury
North American B-25 Mitchell
Boeing B-17
2 x Messerschmitt Bf 108
Bleriot XI model 1910
19 x Bücker 131 and 133
3 x DH -82 A Tiger Moth
Douglas AD-4N Skyraider
Fieseler Fi 156 Storch
Fokker DR1
7 x FW 44 J Stieglitz
Grumman TBM Avenger
Messerschmitt Me 163 BS Komet (glider)
Morane Saulnier MS 406
North American P-51D Mustang
4 x North American T-6 Harvard
North American T28 FENNEC
Curtiss P-40 N Warhawk
3 x Piper J3C
Piper J5A
10 x Piper L18
Polikarpov I-16 Rata
Supermarine Spitfire
Yak-11
Yak-3

Last edited:
I think I am going to be able to do this. Kirchheim/Teck is right near where my inlaws live. It is only about 1.5 hours away. My wife should be all for it.

The Ju 52 flight might be a bit tough though, I do not know if my wife will allow me to pay 190 Euros for a 40 minute flight.

Looks like there will be plenty to see though. Several hundred aircraft will be there including for me the highlights:

Messerchmitt Bf 109G-4
6 x Ju 52
Fw 190A
Hawker Hurricane MK IIB
Hawker Sea Fury
North American B-25 Mitchell
Boeing B-17
2 x Messerschmitt Bf 108
Bleriot XI model 1910
19 x Bücker 131 and 133
3 x DH -82 A Tiger Moth
Douglas AD-4N Skyraider
Fieseler Fi 156 Storch
Fokker DR1
7 x FW 44 J Stieglitz
Grumman TBM Avenger
Messerschmitt Me 163 BS (glider)
Morane Saulnier MS 406
North American P-51D Mustang
4 x North American T-6 Harvard
North American T28 FENNEC
Curtiss P-40 N Warhawk
3 x Piper J3C
Piper J5A
10 x Piper L18
Polikarpov I-16 Rata
Supermarine Spitfire
Yak-11
Yak-3

What's that :lol:

Have a good time Adler!

What's that :lol:

Have a good time Adler!

What is the Bf 108 Taifun?

It was an aircraft built by Messerschmitt. It was basically a single engine sport, utility, touring and liaison aircraft ect. Over 800 were built and they were used by civilians and the Luftwaffe. After the war several hundred were built in France. It was a marvelous aircraft. The first Bf 109 prototypes included several features of the Bf 108.

Messerschmitt Bf 108 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

-cut-

That's 1395,00 DKr. Okay, that's quite a bit of money, but my bet is that you're not likely to forget that ride right away.
Jørn's and my helicopter ride was 60 euro each for a 10 minute ride, so your ride is cheaper if you compare the minute price. ;)
And yes, there's plenty of drool stuff at that airshow - I'll do my best to talk my buddies into going to southern Germany for that weekend, but I don't know if I'll succeed. If I do, I'll let you know - it could be really cool to meet some of you guys from in here. ;)
One of my buddies is dying to go back to Berlin on holiday, so we could continue in that direction across Germany from the airshow - or the other way around, from Berlin to the show. I think it could be a very nice trip for all of us, and not just for me. ;)

Last edited:
That's 1395,00 DKr. Okay, that's quite a bit of money, but my bet is that you're not likely to forget that ride right away.
Jørn's and my helicopter ride was 60 euro each for a 10 minute ride, so your ride is cheaper if you compare the minute price. ;)
And yes, there's plenty of drool stuff at that airshow - I'll do my best to talk my buddies into going to southern Germany for that weekend, but I don't know if I'll succeed. If I do, I'll let you know - it could be really cool to meet some of you guys from in here. ;)
One of my buddies is dying to go back to Berlin on holiday, so we could continue in that direction across Germany from the airshow - or the other way around, from Berlin to the show. I think it could be a very nice trip for all of us, and not just for me. ;)

I am definately going. I talked to the wife on the phone and it is a go (I am giving up an old school Metal concert for this...;)).

I will talk to the wife about the Ju 52 ride when I get home. Maybe she will give it to me as a birthday gift, as my birthday is only a few days later.

60 Euros for a helicopter ride is a bit expensive too in my opinion but then again my opinion does not count because I used to fly Helicopters every day in my past job and I was getting paid for that...;)

Yes let me know if you are going, and we can meet up.

I am definately going. I talked to the wife on the phone and it is a go (I am giving up an old school Metal concert for this...;)).

I will talk to the wife about the Ju 52 ride when I get home. Maybe she will give it to me as a birthday gift, as my birthday is only a few days later.

60 Euros for a helicopter ride is a bit expensive too in my opinion but then again my opinion does not count because I used to fly Helicopters every day in my past job and I was getting paid for that...;)

Yes let me know if you are going, and we can meet up.

Even though I like Metal the old-fashioned style too, I'd give up such a concert anytime for that airshow. ;)
I'm crossing my fingers for you here, that would sure be a very nice BD-gift - and one you're not likely to forget. :lol:

60 euro was the airshow special price offer - the normal price is 64 euros. :lol:
Things are expensive here in Denmark, frankly I tought the ride would cost a lot more when my buddy offered me the ride, so we were pleasantly surprised at the cheap price. Or so it is here in Denmark. ;)

I'll let you know as soon as I know more about our holiday plans. ;)

Even though I like Metal the old-fashioned style too, I'd give up such a concert anytime for that airshow. ;)
I'm crossing my fingers for you here, that would sure be a very nice BD-gift - and one you're not likely to forget. :lol:

60 euro was the airshow special price offer - the normal price is 64 euros. :lol:
Things are expensive here in Denmark, frankly I tought the ride would cost a lot more when my buddy offered me the ride, so we were pleasantly surprised at the cheap price. Or so it is here in Denmark. ;)

I'll let you know as soon as I know more about our holiday plans. ;)

Yeah I know how expensive Denmark is. I almost took a job in Denmark, but decided against it because of the high taxes and cost of living.

Well the first aircraft has arrived.

The P-51D flew in yesterday morning. The B-25 and Fw 190 are coming in tomorrow or the next day with the other 360+ aircraft coming before Friday. Man I can't wait till this weekend.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back