Osprey in Iraq-RPG bait?

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I can remember a time when the Blackhawk was crashing and killing guys during their development. Many people (mostly press pant-wetters) were convinced it was a lemon.

The same 'media hype' occurred with Australia's Blackhawks. And from an earlier generation they gave the F-111 hell. Most recently it is our aging Sea King helicopters.

Me either..... What til mkloby gets wind of it.....

Charles

I already read his BS and replied if you go back to page 1. Majorwoody - what the hell is your deal? Between your nonsensical comments, poor cracks at humor, and absolutely terrible "use" of the English language, I don't see a single thing that you contribute to this site.

Do you realize that every time an aircraft goes down we all pray because it's a small community and very close? It's not something about which to joke.

Mkloby: I don't give a rosey rodent's rectum what these idiots spit out about
the Osprey. The "adult portion" of the forum is riding with you... and many of
us wish it could be us flying it. Envy shows greatly in those who
don't know the facts or really don't give a damn.... and probably a bit of
both !

Charles

IDo you realize that every time an aircraft goes down we all pray because it's a small community and very close? It's not something about which to joke.

My intention of starting this thread was based on the survivability of the Osprey and the potential development of an assault version.

The thought of someone joking about a crew of marines being consumed in flames makes me want to crush skulls.

I can remember a time when the Blackhawk was crashing and killing guys during their development. Many people (mostly press pant-wetters) were convinced it was a lemon. There was a time when I began to wonder about it to, reading the papers. Then I saw one and realized that as usual, the press was overblowing things. Today, the naysayers of the Blackhawk are obviously silenced. I get a feeling the same will happen with the Osprey.

Yeap the Blackhawk was nicknamed the Lawn Dart. All it took was installing Pin Filters to correct the problem and it has been a stable platform ever since.

Do you realize that every time an aircraft goes down we all pray because it's a small community and very close? It's not something about which to joke.

I know exactly how you feel. Even though the US Army is bigger than the Marines the Aviation Branch of the Army is a very small community. Everyone knows someone who went down at some time or you did yourself.

Mentioned this earlier...

I got to visit the Osprey production line in Amarillo Texas in 1999. Prior to that visit I thought the thing was cannon fodder. After seeing the thing being built and what went into it, it made a believer out of me.

Great to see this great plane will be in action soon at last.

IMHO BHD movie et seq has coloured judgement on vulnerability. Provided everyone's alert (and has NV at night) things should go to plan.

Be a choice target for all the triggerhappy ragheads - all vying to be first to bag the new big bird.

As far as I know there's little advanced weaponry in theater let alone any bad guys with the savvy. That's not to discount agent provocateurs helping out as per Afghanistan with Blowpipes, Stingers etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back