Outstanding achievement award goes to... (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I was just wondering how feasible it would be to have a recovery rover there as well. Sort of like a mars rover mobile mechanic with a store of spare parts.

I was just wondering how feasible it would be to have a recovery rover there as well. Sort of like a mars rover mobile mechanic with a store of spare parts.
A chunky little guy with lots of electrical drive power going to four or six all-terrain wheels - yeah, why not? It would need to be a simple beast I suspect, one that could locate a hook into a towing eye on the rover and just haul him out; swapping out parts remotely on Mars from Earth sounds (in my opinion) fiendishly difficult.

Even if it was possible, you may have the issue of the part being transferred having its ass hanging out in the Martian climate for however long, away from the heated protection of the rover's internals and I doubt that would do it or the exposed internals of the rover any good.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back