P-38 or Mosquito?

Which was better?

• Total voters

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Why didnt you tell that emediately? sorry,.. but you kept replying to,.. so how should i know that im suposed to stop.. :(

ow yes,.. i apologize for my spelling,.... but.. well, lets just say engish isnt my favorite langulage ;)

but still i dont understan why u haave to look that mean and arrogant in you post,.. i havent done anything against you, and i dont even know ou.

anyway,.. i know i dont know anything about planes,. all i can do is being interested, and try to learn something about them... (and yes.. thats the reasong why im on this forum..)

but if you want me to leave.. just say it, and im gone.

but which one's the no. 2??

i know i'd rather give one to cute corporal...........

and post war it was found that the Go-229 was too unstable to be of much use...........

Don't bugger off Archangel I think plan D quite likes lightnings and you upset him. :mad: As for your spelling you are better at English than I am at Dutch in fact you are better at English than I am at English (does that make any sort of sense guys) :silly:
Getting back to the thread, I think the mossi wins in my books if nothing else than for the fact that it's a wooden plane conceived using build technics (that are still used today) this enabled it to compete in combat and holding it's own against later designed alloy skinned aircraft. For me its this brilliant concept that makes it one of the outstanding multi role aircraft of ww2.

That was one of the things that I found truly remarkable about the Mosquito, that it was made of wood, when all of its contemporaries were metal. Even more remarkable is that performed as well as, and in some cases, better than it's contemporaries.

If youv'e ever built a model plane does this sound familiar
The Mosquito's wooden construction meant it could be made very smooth. The fuselage was made in left and right halves, which were shaped in concrete rigs and then joined. They were made of balsa wood between two layers of birch plywood. Cement was applied between the layers and they were held together with metal bands until set. The internal fitting were added and the two halves joined. The rest of the airframe was primarily made of Canadian spruce, with birch plywood covering. Engine mountings and hardpoints were of Walnut. The wing was built in one piece and attached to the fuselage later. 550 brass screws held the aircraft together, along with glue, initially Casein, but this was found to be prone to fungal attack and a synthetic glue called Beetle replaced it. Eat your heart out Airfix/Tamiya

the lancaster kicks ass said:
but which one's the no. 2??

i know i'd rather give one to cute corporal...........

and post war it was found that the Go-229 was too unstable to be of much use...........

Actually the Ho-229 had incredibly docile flight characteristics...

And I would call the mossie any where near the best in most of its roles, Maybe as Nightfighter and highspeed attack bomber but not anything else...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back