P-38 or Mosquito? (1 Viewer)

Which was better?

• Total voters

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I doubt that as well. That would mean it could fly to New York and back, no problem. I doubt that.

A 3,500 mile radius would have required a range of somewhere around 8,000 miles (allowing for warm-tp, take-off, climb to altitude, plus reserves for avoiding weather or going to high power to avoid fighters).

There were a lot of every plane that got shot down. But here are some things to consider. There were 10,000 P-38s built, meaning there were a lot to get shot down. The P-38 was used in every theatre of the war and used constantly meaning a lot of time to be shot down. A lot of P-38s were lost to other causes (weather or mechanical failure, NOT enemy combat).

De Haviland Mosquito was the best of the two I think :lol:

:tomcat:

Attachments

• mosquito.jpg
    mosquito.jpg
    33.1 KB · Views: 1,578
that's not a great picture to chose to show how great a plane is though, is it

"yes, the good one's the one that's going up in flames"................

P-38 is better that the best then!

and i see what you mean now lanc, that isnt fire from the mossies, its coming from the building :D

My vote goes to the p 38 because it could take really hard hits and still come home. I read the story of charles hoffman and he made a 300mile (or longer? don't remember) trip with a p38 on one engine....

the mossie could fly just as wel on one engine aswell you know, one of it's test flights the pilot showed off by feathering one propellor and going into a rolling climb on one engine.............................

Lockheed test pilot did stunt flights post-war in which he feathered both engines and landed dead-stick. During the flight he would do all kinds of maneuvers on one engine including turns and rolls into the dead one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back