P-51 C?

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

B-17engineer

Colonel
Dec 9, 2007
Revis Island.
I was curious, since I have set a life long goal, to build every P-40 and P-51 variant, right now I'm in the process of buying the kits, storing them, and building them when I have an opportunity, I was curious are there any 1/48 scale P-51 C's. I can't seem to find any. I have a P-51D and am looking at a P-51B to buy. Anyone with links etc. please post :D

EDIT: I found this kit while searching, it's just a picture but who is the maker of this kit?

Attachments

• P-51C.jpg
    P-51C.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 104
That is the Accurate Miniture kit and they are usually some pretty nice kits.They do lack some of the copit details one might want but seem to be fairly accurate in shape and fit very well.Hope that helps.Cheers Kevin

Thanks Kevin! Looking at prices, it's a heck of a lot of money. 22USD I got 3 kits for 3 more dollars including shipping lol.

Also, what about P-40 variants, besides the B and E. ?

25 dollars, dammmm! Well I hope my favorite seller on Ebay lists a P-51C. Because I'm not ready to spend that money. But It's really good to know that ICM has a kit :D . Thanks a ton Dirk!

Yep, that's more or less correct. The B was at Inglewood and the C at Dallas. The C had the rear fuselage fuel tank as standard, and most B's had them retrofitted. You can build any B or C from the Tamiya or ICM 1/48th scale kits, you just need to check your refs for the particular aircraft being modelled, to see if it had the fuselage fuel tank filler. The Tamiya kit includes the later, 'Malcolm' hood, as well as the original side opening, framed cockpit canopy. I think the ICM kit does too, but can't confirm this. The old Monogram kit (now Revell) also has both hoods. The Tamiya kit has a slightly incorrect cockpit floor but, as most of it can't be seen, in this scale, who cares? Also, the prop blades are ever so slightly too 'thick', again not really noticeable, but can be corrected easily.
Here's a (rather poor) pic of my Tamiya P51B finished as a C of the 361st FG.

Attachments

• Models 014.jpg
    Models 014.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 80
Thanks Terry!! As I've said, I have a life long goal to do every P-40 and P-51 variant :D. But these will be occasionally.. that I'll build them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back