P-51 vs Me-262 (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

B-17engineer

Colonel
Dec 9, 2007
Revis Island.
Ok, so I know one is piston engined and another is a Jet engined aircraft....

Say it's a rainy day in April and at an altitude of 15,000 feet a P-51 pilot spots and Me-262, and the Me-262 pilot sees the P-51 pilot and they turn into each other.....who would come out on top?

I really don't know how tight one aircraft can turn so I want to see what you guys think.....thanks!!

I would not want to face an Me 262 head on in a Mustang, or any other aircraft with wing only armament. With a P-38 head on I think you would have a better chance.

First of all, the Me-262 pilot would be wise not to "turn into" the P-51 unless he's already a ways out; turning ability was not one the 262's strong points, speed and armament are the 262's strong points. The Me pilot SHOULD NOT slow down and engage in a turning fight with the Mustang, he will lose; he should keep his speed up, and make high-speed passes at the Mustang, and then get out of the Mustang's gun range ASAP.

The Mustang pilot should try and get the 262 to slow down, and get involved in a turning battle; the Mustang should be able to easily get inside of the 262 and hose him with his .50-cals.

instead of speculating why don't all of you check out the "sticky"

Piston engine jet aircraft kills thread..............which needs updating 8)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back