P-51D drop tank detail

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

P51 Mustang... Every boy should have one!
Great shots man, I see you've been lucky enough to visit the States.

Nice shots Gary, will come in very hand next time I have (yet) another go at getting a Mustang profile just right.

P51 Mustang... Every boy should have one!
Great shots man, I see you've been lucky enough to visit the States.

Cheers Jim.

Yup, I try and go every year...its not that expensive...honest !. Mt trip to the Gathering of Mustangs and Legends back in 2007 cost £740 inclusive of all flights (including two internal return flights from JFK), transport for 5 days...V8 Mustang cabrio including fuel !!! and 6 nights accommodation. Thats less than half price of an accompanied trip by the aviation tour operators !. We actually had an extra day to do what we wanted and with our own transport were not tied down to a particular itinery. what we saved on the trip, paid for Warbird flights !. All it took was 30 mins on the internet to sort out and pay !.

My return flights to the states last year for the CAF Airsho where £315.00 !!. Look into it, it is not expensive and its great fun. Especially if you havent been before as every plane you see will be a new one.

Its about £1600 with a tour operator to go to Oshkosh this year for a week, I've looked into it and can do flights, accommodation and transport for just under half that price...more money for Warbird flights...B-17 / B24 ?.

I should point out that I go with a mate, who'se also a like minded Warbird nut, I dont take the missus !

Cheers Profiler, looking forward to some pics when you get around to it.

Hey im doing a 1:32 scale dragon kit of the snifter wich i was lucky enought to be around the building of this now flying aircraft. ill post em up for ya

Attachments

• ME_2A68_110.jpg
    ME_2A68_110.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 108
  • ME_2A68_110a.jpg
    ME_2A68_110a.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 114
  • ME_2A68_110b.jpg
    ME_2A68_110b.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 112
Nice pics mate! Good luck with the Dragon kit; it turns out nice eventually, but beware, as none of the internal parts match-up with the inside walls! You'll need to make 'shelves' for the cockpit floor to fit, and the top cowlings won't sit properly if the support frame is in place. There are other faults, but overall, it's a nice model.
Terry.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back