P&W R-1830-92

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

math1733

Airman
Mar 21, 2008
Hello,

I'm looking after a parts catalog of the P&W R-1830-92.

I also like to know which kind of hydraulic pump, fuel pump fit this engine.

Does someone has this?

Thanks

Hydraulic - Might be a Pesco 1P583DE

Fuel - Might be a Pesco An4101

I assume your looking for the engine driven pump, not a boost pump.

Hope this helps!

Yes this helps, I'm looking for all the information I can find on this engine to motorize a Fw190 full scale replica

Thanks

Excellent, thanks

May I ask for the type of oil pump, Oil cooler and the fuel booster pump?

I think the oil pump migght be made by Pesco or Bendix, I can't find a part number. As far as the oil cooler and fuel boost pump, I'm not finding much in my references, I think there are several manufacturers.

You might also try Precision Engines, 425-347-2800. They are THE rebuild facility for P&W radials, 1830-up, and they have some manuals for sale. Also consider the P&W R-2000. Designed to run on 100/115, so no derating with the lousy gas you get now. Same mounts, 1" larger diameter, 200 lbs heavier, and 250 more HP. (Specs from P&W Installation Manual)

I think Flug Werke's "kit" for US customers was also set up for the R-2000.

Bob

The pumps you are looking for are not in either the -92 or Twin Wasp S1C3G parts manuals. They are probably in the DC-3/C-47 manuals in the engine and hydraulics sections. Unfortunately, I don't have the aircraft manuals.:(

Bob

Thanks for "Precision Engines", great shop.

I've already thought about a R2000 but I'm doing a Jurca replica and the maximum power allowed is 1250 Hp. One has already flown in Germany and was made by Ulrich Bronner (see the picture).

What is the difference between a -92 and a S1C3G ?

I'm also looking about the type of accessoiries we could find in a Wildcat. It was the same engine and it's much more the same size in comparition of a DC3

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    51.5 KB · Views: 507
  • MJ80_Bronner_11_a.jpg
    MJ80_Bronner_11_a.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 482
Hi Marcel,

>What is the difference between a -92 and a S1C3G ?

This file (from Reference) might be of interest for you as it lists the R-1830 variants and their manufacturer, military and civilian designations:

http://www.enginehistory.org/P&W/R-1830/R-1830Index.pdf

Then again, it maybe lacks the kind of detail information you need. But at least it should be worth a quick look! :)

Regards,

Henning (HoHun)

Great, thanks

So if I understand well, the R1830-92 and the S1C3G are the same.

I have the maintenance manual here if someone needs it

How ever, I'm looking for the parts catalog of this engine, If someone has it or know where I can download or buy it...

Mathieu

Attachments

• P&W R1830 - S1C3G.pdf
    8.7 MB · Views: 999
Great, thanks

So if I understand well, the R1830-92 and the S1C3G are the same.

I have the maintenance manual here if someone needs it

How ever, I'm looking for the parts catalog of this engine, If someone has it or know where I can download or buy it...

Mathieu

Sorry dont have a maintenance manual but many thanks for the manual. Also will move this to whole thread to the engine manual area.

Accessories, pumps and such, are all about the same size. The DC-3/C-47 is the most common use for the 1830, and therefore, the most spares. The fuel pump requirement is the same, and the Wildcat doesn't use hydraulic gear retraction. Nice project!
Bob

I think you're right.
The best to do is a usual R1830 environnement except for the oil tank that I need more "aerobatic" or at least more compact like a mustang or T6 one's and a smaller hydraulic accumulator.

Mathieu

Users who are viewing this thread

Back