Photo thread: Iranian Pilots

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

MA-R.JPG

Colonel Mohammad Ali Rahnama (23.08.1944, Shiraz --- 05.02.2021, Tehran)

img_20181113_213852_384-jpg.jpg

Iranian Air Force war hero Brigadier General Seyed Mohammad Hashem Al -e Agha (KIA) F14A Tomcat . His RIO , Brigadier General Mohammad HashemPour , has been ejected successfully and now lives in Tehran.
Info from war hero, Brigadier General Fereidoon Ali Mazandarani.
During war, we had lost 2 Tomcats by Sandwich Attack and one by Friendly Fire.
I would like to know your opinions about F14 and Iranian Pilots ?
And I would try to talk with them about being active here, too . Wish me luck. I hope to come back with good news. See you.

Ah, the mighty F-14. Brilliant information, Artesh. keep it up. Like Bill said, perhaps you could provide more information on the F-14 in Iranian service?

Ah, the mighty F-14. Brilliant information, Artesh. keep it up. Like Bill said, perhaps you could provide more information on the F-14 in Iranian service?
Mighty Flying Computer!

The local version of KGB and Brother-in-law are very sensitive about any talks about older brother, in general! even if t's related to so called "Sacred Defense"!!! they don't want to share stories and info, unless it passes through a series of filters!!!

On April 26, 2000, An Iranian Air Force Chinese built Chengdu J-7 Air guard of 5th AFB, after a successful training mission, crashed near the city of Behbahan, Killed crew.

Captain Khumohammadi Kheir-Abadi, Hamid
DoB: June 5, 1971 - Mashad, Khorasan, Iran.

R1kXXNhXMRCbFtTXfgVN6jASTP0bPC1C1Ef7kNl5.jpg

Last edited:
Great grandfathers!!!

fb-img-1535898577257.jpg

A historical photo of Imperial Iranian Air Force, early 50's

I have some names, but IDK who is who, or where they are in this Picture!

General Mohammad Khatami , LTG Nader Jahanbani , LTG Amirhossein Rabiee , LTG Shapour Azarbarzin , MG Ali Ghamghani , MG Mohammad Hossein Mehrmand , LTG Amir Kamyabipour , MG Haj Seyed Javadi (1st Commander of Shiraz AFB) , Colonel Zand -e Vakil (F-86 Pilot) , Captain Siamak Jahanbini (Member of Golden Crown Team, KIA at Mehrabad AFB.) , Captain Shahrokhi (KIA at Hamedan AFB, Hamedan's 3rd AFB was named after him before 1979.) MG Asghar Imanian , Major Yousefi (F-86 Pilot, Retired in 1961 on his own request.) , MG Savoji (1st Chief of IIAF Flight Security) , ...

Edit: The plane is actually a P-47.

Last edited:
88.jpg

Dezful's F-5 Pilots - 1975

Standing from Right: Abdollah Farahnak - Hossein Mir Eshghollah - Asadollah Akbari Farahani - Mohammad Kazem Zarif Khadem - Reza Ataiee - Mousa Mirzaeeian - Yahya Janmohammadi - Ali Dehnadi - Qasem Barzegar - Hossein Hashemi - Yadollah Rastegar - Hossein Nahid - Ahmad Kottab - Nasehi pour

Sitting from Right: Masoud Afshar - Aminollah Bolghand - Hossein Afshin Azar - Ataollah Masoumi - Ahmari pour - Younes Khoshbin - Hossein Yazdanshenas - Saieed Aqasibeik

3 Pilots were Killed In Action during Iran / Iraq War.

1- Captain Hossein Afshin-Azar, born 1947 Tehran; KIA 23 September 1980 Mosul

2- 1st Lieutenant Mohammad-Kazem Zarif-Khadem - born 1949 Mashad; KIA 25 September 1980 West of Dezful

3- Major Younes Khoshbin, Born 1943 Sabzevar; KIA 18 November 1980 South of Karkheh District

2 Pilots were PoW's:

1- Major Ahmad Kottab

2- Captain Asadollah Akbari Farahani

Hello! My name is David Ali. Is this thread still active? If so, I'm hoping someone can help me find my father who was an Iranian pilot and was in Texas training back in 1971-1973.

Hi There, and Welcome.

Yes, It Is Active. Feel free to send any photos or Ask any Questions.
Thank you! I do not have any photos, and my mother is no longer alive. All I have is a name, year and pretty much a base where he trained.

Write down His name, Here or in P.M., I'll search and find more info about Him.
You're awesome! Thank you Sir! Info:
Mohammed Ali Javid or Javid (Ali) Mohammadi Shalmani may also be his name. I know the second name is of a pilot KIA.

You're awesome! Thank you Sir! Info:
Mohammed Ali Javid or Javid (Ali) Mohammadi Shalmani may also be his name. I know the second name is of a pilot KIA.

Yes, But the 2nd one (Ali Mohammadi Shalmani) was an Army Aviation Pilot, not Air Force. He died as Lt. Col. in an Air Show Accident in 1991.

There is another somehow similar name, Ali-Mohammad Soleimani , Captain, KIA January 26, 1983, Over Persian Gulf. His body is not discovered / Found yet.

Ali Mohammad Soleimani.png

A plaque Dedicated to Captain Soleimani. In Total, 57 of these Plaques were dedicated to 57 Pilots that their bodies were not found / discovered till 2012.
Photo Taken by myself.

P1220646-225x300.jpg

Grave of late Colonel Shalmani in Behesht -e Zahra War Cemetry. Photo Credit: Golzar.Info

Also the Word "Javid" means Eternal, It is an Honorary word, used to address the fallen soldiers.

Yes, But the 2nd one (Ali Mohammadi Shalmani) was an Army Aviation Pilot, not Air Force. He died as Lt. Col. in an Air Show Accident in 1991.

There is another somehow similar name, Ali-Mohammad Soleimani , Captain, KIA January 26, 1983, Over Persian Gulf. His body is not discovered / Found yet.

View attachment 624594

A plaque Dedicated to Captain Soleimani. In Total, 57 of these Plaques were dedicated to 57 Pilots that their bodies were not found / discovered till 2012.
Photo Taken by myself.

View attachment 624595

Grave of late Colonel Shalmani in Behesht -e Zahra War Cemetry. Photo Credit: Golzar.Info

Also the Word "Javid" means Eternal, It is an Honorary word, used to address the fallen soldiers.
My mother named me after my fathers middle name, which to my understanding is "Ali". This is great information! Thank you Sir! Anything come back on the first name?

My mother named me after my fathers middle name, which to my understanding is "Ali". This is great information! Thank you Sir! Anything come back on the first name?

Nothing I found about First name. I Sent your post to some Veterans (both Air Force and Army Aviation), waiting for their responses.

Beside that, The only Pilot I know that has "Javid" in his last name, Is F-14 Tomcat Pilot Brigadier General (ret.) Fazlollah Javidnia

Fazlollah Javidnia - Wikipedia .

Also it could be "Javad" (جواد), but no one with the last name "Soleimani" or "Shalmani".

Nothing I found about First name. I Sent your post to some Veterans (both Air Force and Army Aviation), waiting for their responses.

Beside that, The only Pilot I know that has "Javid" in his last name, Is F-14 Tomcat Pilot Brigadier General (ret.) Fazlollah Javidnia

Fazlollah Javidnia - Wikipedia .

Also it could be "Javad" (جواد), but no one with the last name "Soleimani" or "Shalmani".
That is the problem. I'm not sure my mother had all of his name correctly. Shalmani was never told to me by my mother. I narrowed it down to what I could find. What about this person? Javidan?

Attachments

• 2FD76D0E-F796-40AC-B95A-1D3E6B605CB5.jpeg
    2FD76D0E-F796-40AC-B95A-1D3E6B605CB5.jpeg
    56.7 KB · Views: 31
That is the problem. I'm not sure my mother had all of his name correctly. Shalmani was never told to me by my mother. I narrowed it down to what I could find. What about this person? Javidan?

No Idea / Info about him. I never heard his name before. Among those names, only "Roosta" rings a bell ... If being the right person, He is another KIA pilot. But I can't see his face, so I can't Accept or deny who is he.

No Idea / Info about him. I never heard his name before. Among those names, only "Roosta" rings a bell ... If being the right person, He is another KIA pilot. But I can't see his face, so I can't Accept or deny who is he.
I understand Sir. Thank you so much for your help! Let me know if you're on WhatsApp. I'll look you up. Are you in Tehran?

I understand Sir. Thank you so much for your help! Let me know if you're on WhatsApp. I'll look you up. Are you in Tehran?

You're welcome. Unfortunately, I've deleted all my social media accounts 2 years ago. I'm only active in here.

Hello Artesh! Hope your day is well! Would you be kind and look up the name "Ali Mohammad Javid Sharma" please?

Hi, for sure!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back