Picture of the Day - Miscellaneous (2 Viewers)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Asahi's "Kamikaze" mission from Tokyo to London for the 15,300km/94hours from April 6 to 10 to celebrate George VI's coronation.

Pilot Masaaki Iinuma (left) and Engineer Kenji Tsukagoshi (right)

The first step in Europe at Athens

Croydon airfield in UK

Upper: Lord Sempill and his wife at the airfield
Lower: Iinuma and Tsukagoshi with Japanese Ambassador to UK, Shigeru Yoshida, later PM.

Writing autograph

Source: Asia-Europe Record Flight of Kamikaze Pictorial (by Asahi Shinbun in 1937)

Last edited:
Very interesting Shinpachi . Do you how long this part was honoured (or if it is honoured nowadays)?

*Yes, I'm reading the thread from newest to oldest.

Very interesting Shinpachi . Do you how long this part was honoured (or if it is honoured nowadays)?

*Yes, I'm reading the thread from newest to oldest.
The treaty is said over on September 9, 1945 when Japan's Govermental General in Korea signed the instrument of surrender.
However, few historians claim that the treaty is still alive because it was a treaty between Japan and Korea, which had nothing to do with the Allies.

I thought that color photos introduced in Japanese magazines of the 1940s were generally terrible but an editor said "This is the best quality color photograph you can see at the moment."

Source: Press Photos (Jan.1943)

So, we had to wait for Fuji color film in the postwar.

Photo_Pocketbook(1949-07)

Users who are viewing this thread