Picture of the Day - Miscellaneous (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I may be wrong but, with no knowledge, photo search tells it is Boeing Wichita Plant :D

Boeing_Wichita_Plant.jpg

Source: About the Boeing B-29 Superfortress Bomber

That is not the Boeing Wichita plant that built the B-29's. It is way too small. But Boeing owned the Stearman plant at Wichita plant and that is where PT-17, PT-13, etc, were built. So it makes sense the biplanes would be there and they no doubt needed a place to park B-29's being built at the B-29 plant. The area to the Right of the hangar is the Stearman factory building. Yes! I think that explains it!

That is not the Boeing Wichita plant that built the B-29's. It is way too small. But Boeing owned the Stearman plant at Wichita plant and that is where PT-17, PT-13, etc, were built. So it makes sense the biplanes would be there and they no doubt needed a place to park B-29's being built at the B-29 plant. The area to the Right of the hangar is the Stearman factory building. Yes! I think that explains it!

Yep . that's the Stearman factory that belonged to the Boeing plant in the Wichita, Kansas ...

stearmanplant.jpg

st.jpg

st1.jpg

st2.jpg

st3.jpg

st4.jpg

st5.jpg

the pic source:

It appears that the monkey pilot did not fare too well....

According to Lt. Colonel and Dr. Wakatsuki's report, the most noticeable external damage was limited to a nosebleed but fatal bleedings were found in the internal organs like heart, stomach, liver and meninges. The specimen (monkey) died several days later :shock:

Source: The Nippon Medical World (Jan.1925)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back