Picture of the Day - Miscellaneous (2 Viewers)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Cant Z.1007 16 of 211 Squadriglia 50 Gruppo over Italy 1940 SIGD

View attachment 798145
Nice picture of one of the early Cant Z.1007's with the Isotta Frashini Asso XI engines, you do not see many pictures of the V-12 powered examples. Usually it was the Bis version of the plane that is seen as the V-12 versions were not considered combat capable. And that is saying alot considering some of the types the Italians did consider combat capable.

Nakajima Ki-43-II being rearmed DEKI
Nakajima Ki-43-II being rearmed DEKI.png

Tachikawa Ki-9 Dai 21 Hikoshidan Shireibu Hikodan , Kikuchi Japan August 1945 REDI
View attachment 798143
Shows just how desperate Japan was in August of 45.
I wonder what those barrels was going to be filled with?
Surely not gas, which was getting precious in Japan by that time.
Lightweight little trainer, 55 gal. kerosene, maybe gas, just how much damage could it have done?
Probably only capable of maybe 120 mph, piloted by a barely trained pilot, what chance did it have of fulfilling a mission?
It's sad what Japan reduced itself to.

Nice picture, but I suspect that the Fighter with the Starter Truck hooking up to it is a Ki-44 judging by the mail landing gear and the cowling. Great picture!

I suspect you are right. It has that big nose.
View attachment 798535

The pic isn't of too great quality but if enlerged the outher wheel hubs of the starboard wheels can be noticed. If it would be the Ki-44 the wheel bay door covered it almost fully and these wouldn't be noticed. Just a large light spots there. What is more there wouldn't be noticed the "stair" between the top of wheel tyre and the landing leg bacuase the Ki-44 had the door made as a one-piece part going from the wing underside to the almost bottom of the wheel. Secondly if having an enough close up view at the main landing gear legs the wheel bay doors of the rectangle shape going from the undersides to the top of the wheel can be found. So .. Nakajima Ki-43 IMHO.

ki43.jpg

Akeno Flight School 1943
Ki-43_II_Ko_Akeno.jpg

Ki-43_II_Ko_Akeno-1943.jpg

the source: the net.

The pic isn't of too great quality but if enlerged the outher wheel hubs of the starboard wheels can be noticed. If it would be the Ki-44 the wheel bay door covered it almost fully and these wouldn't be noticed. Just a large light spots there. What is more there wouldn't be noticed the "stair" between the top of wheel tyre and the landing leg bacuase the Ki-44 had the door made as a one-piece part going from the wing underside to the almost bottom of the wheel. Secondly if having an enough close up view at the main landing gear legs the wheel bay doors of the rectangle shape going from the undersides to the top of the wheel can be found. So .. Nakajima Ki-43 IMHO.

View attachment 798555

Akeno Flight School 1943
Wurger, I agree that the line up you enlarged are Ki-43's, I was speaking about the one you cropped out of the picture, the one attached to the Huck's Starter Truck, it seems to have the larger gear door of the Ki-44, and has the larger engine cowling of the Ki-44. Unfortunately the rest of the aircraft in not in the frame. But I am 99% sure it is a Ki-44 among the 4 or more Ki-43's. The natural metal finish with the dark anti glare paint also was a common feature of the Ki-44.
the source: the net.

Wurger, I agree that the line up you enlarged are Ki-43's, I was speaking about the one you cropped out of the picture, the one attached to the Huck's Starter Truck, it seems to have the larger gear door of the Ki-44, and has the larger engine cowling of the Ki-44. Unfortunately the rest of the aircraft in not in the frame. But I am 99% sure it is a Ki-44 among the 4 or more Ki-43's. The natural metal finish with the dark anti glare paint also was a common feature of the Ki-44.

Oh .. sorry . Grasped incorrrectly. Well I argee then. :thumbright:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back