Those are B-17B Flying Fortresses. The side blisters may have been modified from original but the ventral blister isn't the "dust bin" type of the "C" and "D".
Loves me my shark tails.
All metal I-16 ?, hmmm.. everything was used to make this plane, but rarely metal. It's a shame that young aviation enthusiasts have to read such nonsense, and draw the wrong conclusions....
Acording to that paper "The NA-33 Harvard advanced trainer built locally as the Wirraway". As the caption of s Swedish AF Texan.
Another caption "The USN's F6F Grumman Hellcat, the first naval fighter to completely out-perform the Zero on all accounts. It went into action in January 1943". I think the USN Lost the memo about the service entry of the F6F and kept using the F4F as main fighter for some more months.
And more "The USN's Douglas SBD Dauntless: the war's most successful dive-bomber. Slow and
small, it was feared by the enemy more than any other Allied aircraft, virtually winning the 1942
Battles of Coral Sea and Midway singlehandedly". Wow! A single plane type won both battles. The things one learn in the internet.
I'm speechless:
"Most belligerents went their own way in aircraft design but often arrived at the same place. The German Hs 129 intruder by Herschel was much like the Mosquito and Beaufighter. It proved an
effective tank-buster on the Eastern Front".
"The Bristol Beaufighter IC—the first one to arrive in Australia in March 1942, months behind schedule. The Mark I was already obsolete having been replaced by later models and Mosquitos in the RAF. A useful intruder but with littler other application".
"The Bell P-39 Airacobra in RAF service early in 1940. It was assessed unsuitable for
European operations and rejected by the British soon after taking delivery and thus available for the dominions to buy."
View attachment 897842
Did those girls and women look better than their granddaughters today? IMHO they did...yes I'm old and I prefer the "old way" of everything.