Picture of the day. (2 Viewers)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Eight 50's (I suppose 10, if you swung the turret around) AND a 75mm.
THAT'S firepower!
They never used all guns+cannon together. Maybe on posters only - check the picture under all my posts.
For tests all guns were fired together but in reality the stress to the structure was pretty big.
Here
BTW the 8-gun nose B-25J was the most powerful flying machine with standard armament: 12+2 machine guns firing in one direction at the same time.
Here
Cheers!

Last edited:
They never used all guns+cannon together. Maybe on posters only - check the picture under all my posts.
For tests all guns were fired together but in reality the stress to the structure was pretty big.
Here
BTW the 8-gun nose B-25J was the most powerful flying machine with standard armament: 12+2 machine guns firing in one direction at the same time.
Here
Cheers!
True, but it's fun to think about it. \\:D/:laughing6:

One of the questions on my physics exam was if all the B-25 guns fired forward how much would the plane airspeed slow down?
That is why sometimes one knows a bit and starts over thinking: what type if b-25 what engine and proppelor setting what load out of ammo in the belts, cant possible mean continued firing because a) meltdown of 1, b) 1 or more guns could have jammed. Etc etc

Would have failed this test.

Received from Tom Knox, Alamo Military Collectable, St Louis MO.

Lahood.jpg

Received from Tom Knox, Alamo Military Collectable, St Louis MO.

View attachment 724325
It was always interesting for me how the Lebanese emigrants decided to change the name of Aytou (their village in the Levant) to Itoo. Phonetically the latter covers the former perfectly. I live in Gloucester (part of Ottawa) and 99% of the people who call me, cannot spell or pronounce the name of the city correctly. Not to speak of my name - Yves.
But it's Oll Korrect for me...:evil4:
Cheers!

It was always interesting for me how the Lebanese emigrants decided to change the name of Aytou (their village in the Levant) to Itoo. Phonetically the latter covers the former perfectly. I live in Gloucester (part of Ottawa) and 99% of the people who call me, cannot spell or pronounce the name of the city correctly. Not to speak of my name - Yves.
But it's Oll Korrect for me...:evil4:
Cheers!

I also effectively noticed La Hood / Lahoud.
Here Yves is more commonly used in Brittany. Saint Yves is in fact the feast of the Bretons (19 may).

Best.

I've learned three foreign languages in my life - German, Russian, and Arabic. Straightforward pronunciation. French and Polish are complete enigmas to me. About 11 years ago I got hired for a German speaking CSR job. I could handle calls from anywhere in the German Sprachgebiet - Germany, Austria, even Switzerland. Then one day a lady called from Belgium. After trying futilely to grasp the French we ended up having to spell her name and address phonetically. Fortunately she spoke good English, and was very patient with me.

I've learned three foreign languages in my life - German, Russian, and Arabic. Straightforward pronunciation. French and Polish are complete enigmas to me. About 11 years ago I got hired for a German speaking CSR job. I could handle calls from anywhere in the German Sprachgebiet - Germany, Austria, even Switzerland. Then one day a lady called from Belgium. After trying futilely to grasp the French we ended up having to spell her name and address phonetically. Fortunately she spoke good English, and was very patient with me.
It is rather simple : English is a form of badly pronounced French.

It is rather simple : English is a form of badly pronounced French.

When in Canada there was a Frenchman in the block of apartments I was in in Calgary. We all avoided him because we thought he was from Quebec.

Someone invited him to a BBQ and someone else asked him what part of Quebec he came from. He was most indignant.

The next question was what do you thing of the Quebecois.

He said they are the most ignorant and arrogant people in the world and butcher the French language.

He was instantly the hit of the party

Users who are viewing this thread

Back