Picture of the day. (11 Viewers)

Australia INHG
Australia INHG.png
 
Me 262 had a sliding canopy and a long nose. The pic aircraft have a pivot canopy and short nose.
The center top of the fuselage on the 162 was built to receive wings. In the pic, those are flat.
The one one the back row has landing gear attached to the fuselage. The 262 had wide gear that swung from the bottom of the wing.
 
Me 262 had a sliding canopy and a long nose. The pic aircraft have a pivot canopy and short nose.
The center top of the fuselage on the 162 was built to receive wings. In the pic, those are flat.
The one one the back row has landing gear attached to the fuselage. The 262 had wide gear that swung from the bottom of the wing.
Yes they do Zippy, but the picture states it is a He162 underground production line. So yes not Me262's. But I do the same thing all the time, but usually someone posts a comment about what I think I see before I get around to posting my reactions. No worries.
 
Me 262 had a sliding canopy and a long nose. The pic aircraft have a pivot canopy and short nose.
The center top of the fuselage on the 162 was built to receive wings. In the pic, those are flat.
The one one the back row has landing gear attached to the fuselage. The 262 had wide gear that swung from the bottom of the wing.

I completely agree: short nose, canopy rear hinge, smooth fuselage sides, landing gear - everything identifies a series of Heinkel He-162s. But that's precisely what the photo caption says !
Even if this caption ALSO mentions Me-262s... built in a concrete factory, while here we're clearly in a cave.
 
I completely agree: short nose, canopy rear hinge, smooth fuselage sides, landing gear - everything identifies a series of Heinkel He-162s. But that's precisely what the photo caption says !
Even if this caption ALSO mentions Me-262s... built in a concrete factory, while here we're clearly in a cave.
Maybe so, but I still think they look like 162s…
 

Attachments

  • IMG_1956.gif
    IMG_1956.gif
    416.8 KB · Views: 29
Gloster Sea Gladiator Mark I, N5520, on the ground at an airfield in Malta, probably while being
flown by No. 261 Squadron RAF at Ta Kali. The aircraft has been refitted with a Bristol Mercury
engine and three-bladed Hamilton propeller salvaged from a Bristol Blenheim. N5520 is the only
surviving Gladiator of the Malta-based Fighter Flight, and was presented to the people of Malta as
"Faith" in 1943.

585526328_33097914063132989_218010867603506124_n.jpg
 
Douglas B-23A Dragon "39-0036" 13BG FLIK

View attachment 856910
I wonder if this is Mike Bougue's old B-23. His languished in N. California after he passed away. His had the red and white rudder
stripes, was used in the movie Tucker. Got a ride in that baby. Hap Arnold's staff A/C WWII, if it is. Don't remember the glass nose tho.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back