Picture of the day. (6 Viewers)

The fantail of the Baltimore-class heavy cruiser USS Quincy (CA-71) with two of her Kingfishers warming their engines on their catapults the net
The fantail of the Baltimore-class heavy cruiser USS Quincy (CA-71) with two of her Kingfisher...png
 
Pilots and ground crew of No 609 (West Riding) Squadron, Royal Auxiliary Air Force of Fighter Command relax by playing
cricket while at readiness beside a parked Supermarine Spitfire MkVb (PR-B W3238) on 28th June 1941 at RAF Biggin Hill
near London, England.

731787424_37296204349970585_9129750769713866266_n.jpg
 
Lockheed Hudsons Lowry Field the net
View attachment 885604
A bit of trivia if I may - in 1955 I saw one of these (A-29 I think they were) taxiing to the runway for takeoff, New Orleans Lakefront Airport. I was in a class and could not get out to take a photo although I had my camera. The colors and the outsize turret were still there however the insignia were painted over. I am still amazed that ten years post war, one of these could be found surplus.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

  • Back