Picture of the day. (2 Viewers)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Not only that, but look at the right wing tip area. The aileron effect of that piece of metal would have caused a fatal roll into the ground.
I already corrected that observation.... And not to mention you're a bit late with you're two cents worth. About 5 people have already jumped all over me because i made a genuine mistake. Nice to know i joined such a friendly site though huh.....=D>

Last edited:
You need to settle the hell down.

This site is loaded with a knowledgable membership and if an error is posted, folks will provide the correct info. And in this case, NO ONE "jumped all over you", but instead provided ample information to prevent others from mistaking that in-game screenshot for an actual photo.

So quit being so GD defensive.

Sometimes my candid way of writing causes offence, but im not going to apologize for keeping it real. I do apologize if i caused offence maliciously that was not my intention. However, constructive critisism is one thing, but addressing me like a scolded child is another. I have great respect for other members knowledge and opinions, but it works both ways. Im not just an armchair warrior. I have both military and aircraft experience both in the field and in restoration/historical research.

When one person informs me i've made a mistake that's fine. But derogatory comments and a lecture about how a damaged aircraft would not be able to sustain flight is disrespecting my own knowledge and experience. Don't you agree?
You are assuming i know nothing about the principles of flight. And fyi, many aircraft during ww2 were able to get home with damage most experts would claim to be impossible. I have seen aircraft far worse than that image not only keep flying but also land (even be it a controlled crash landing) It just seems to me sometimes that anyone who is objective or who questions these "expert" members claims or opinions is just plain wrong.

Now, one last thing. I need to calm down and stop being so damn defensive?
Your opening comment to my post was, and i quote "that pic of the IL 2 is bullshit"
Is that how members talk to each other here? Considering there are so many experts im bemused as to why anyone would need to use profanity right off the rip. Dont insult me then try to placate me like im dumb. You wouldnt do it to my face so dont do it here. I have respect, when respect is deserved. It's a two way street. Just dont bust my balls, thats all im asking.

Gentelmen, please stop the discussing. As I said all words sent need to be choosing carefully. Therefore I suggest avoiding obscenities and others that may insult people. Also I would like to remind you all that there are other words that may have the different meaning for different nations, Not using of them is the very good way for aviding of such accidents in the future. So that's all.

Just so that you know, I never said "you're an idiot for falling for such obvious fakes", I simply said the photo itself was BS, which it was.
I also went on to show an actual IL-2 photo for comparison with no attached insults or derision. Also this is a forum where many folks will comment on a subject at one point or another, so some comments may be later than others in the discussion.

As for "assumptions", now that you've brought it up...one would "assume" that since you're "knowledgable about the principles of flight", you shouldn't have fallen for that game screen, right?

Anyway...that's all I have to say about this, as the Mods have asked that this be dropped, and so it shall.

Users who are viewing this thread