Picture of the day. (4 Viewers)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Italian technicians are engaged in debugging the Fiat A.74 RC.38 engine of the Fiat G.50 "Freccia" fighter from the 20th Fighter Group at the Belgian airfield.
The fighter in the background is the plane of the commander of the group, Major Mario Bonzano.
http://albumwar2.com/italian-techni...g-50-freccia-fighter-at-the-belgian-airfield/
Fiat G.50.jpg

Balham Tube station London
At 20:02 on 14 October 1940, a 1400 kg semi-armour piercing fragmentation bomb fell on the road above the northern end of the platform tunnels, creating a large crater into which a double decker bus then crashed, although no one aboard was killed . The dramatic spectacle of the trapped bus was to become emblematic of the dangers of the Blitz, a series of pictures of it appeared in publications around the world.

The northbound platform tunnel partially collapsed and was filled with earth and water from the fractured water mains and sewers above, which also flowed through the cross-passages into the southbound platform tunnel, with the flooding and debris reaching to within 91 meters of Clapham South. Water-tight doors designed to keep such floods out instead kept this one in. The lights fused, adding to the chaos. The station was a scene of panic, and though more than 400 managed to escape, 65 or by some account 68 people died in the disaster, most of them drowning.
damage_in_balham_1940.jpg

Balham tube station after a German air raid, 1940

The front section of the USS Shaw explodes after an air raid on the Hawaiian port of Pearl Harbor on Dec. 7, 1941.View attachment 499705

The USS Arizona sinks following the surprise attack.View attachment 499707

I had my head up my butt. Sorry.

I think the reason for misleading are the captions of both shots. Just Johnbr has swapped them. The first image shows the USS Arizona indeed while the second one presents the moment the USS Shaw exploded. Here another shot of the USS Shaw exploding and her appearance after the attack.

USS_Shaw_Pearl_Harbor-7Dec41_.jpg

USS_Shaw_Pearl_Harbor-7Dec41.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back