Picture of the day.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Caption - "Army Air Force test pilots prepare to make a routine test flight in a North American B-25 bomber prior to acceptance by the Army." October, 1942

Source - U. S. Library of Congress

View attachment 519606

I hate to quote one of my own posts but I absolutely love this photo, is he not the epitome of the "Let's get it done" guy we all know? I'm guessing he's an NAA employee but could be wrong. Got his coveralls and maintenance cap on, the glare he's giving looks like it could down a Messerschmidt and the casual arm resting out the window... classic awesome in my book. I can just about hear him tell the second looie in the right seat to "Take some notes sonny, we're takin' this rig out for a little spin". And the guy in the right seat looks pensive to say the least.

As memo serves the caption said something about the Ukraine. So it would be the Black Sea. Perhaps the Sevastopol. The pic was dated on 1941 and seems to be taken by Germans. There is some debris around and the submarines look lik being abandoned and damaged while being not finished yet.
Therefore the post June 1941 seems to be very likely.

Users who are viewing this thread