Picture of the day. (2 Viewers)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Orig. Foto / Stalingrad / PPSch-41 / Russische Rote Sowjet Armee | eBay

1591960200111.png

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
A few years back my brother inherited the personal photo collection of a 101st Airborne paratrooper. The collection included this image, a 4x5 CT taken from the Eiffel Tower:
Eiffel Tower display.jpg

A neat enough image - but a closer look at the 4th FG Mustang showed a very unusual color on the anti-glare panel:
Eiffel Tower display - detail.jpg

I can't say I'd have guessed light blue if that had been a black and white photo!

Cheers,

Dana

General Dwight Eisenhower received a tumultuous welcome from the people of London June 12, when he drove in an open carriage through the city to the Guildhall where he received the Freedom of the city of London. After the ceremony, Gen. Eisenhower drove to the Mansion House where he was guest of honor at a luncheon given by the Lord Mayor and attended by the Prime Minister. General Eisenhower standing in his open carriage waves to the gigantic crowd which assembled at the Mansion House to greet his arrival after the Freedom of the city had been bested on him by the Lord Mayor in London June 12, 1945.

img.jpg

The Commander of the 21st Army Group Field Marshal Sir Bernard Montgomery and the Deputy Supreme Commander in Chief of the Red Army, Marshal G Zhukov after the ceremony in which Marshal Zhukov was invested as a Knight Grand Cross of the Order of the Bath by Field Marshal Montgomery. The ceremony took place at the Brandenburg Gate in Berlin and a Guard of Honour was formed by the 7th Armoured Division.

The+Commander+of+the+21st+Army+Group+Field+Marshal+Sir+Bernard+Montgomery+and+the+Deputy+Supre...jpg

Working on the Tail Fuse of a AN-M64 "Carpetbagger" General Purpose 500lb bomb in the Forward bomb bay of a B-29 Superfortress. This picture in B&Whas been around since WW2. Here is a colorized version of it. The name of the mechanic working on the bombs has been lost to time. But he has become immortalized as this picture continues to circulate 75 years after the picture was snapped.

View attachment 584787
Boeing B-29 Superfortress

the original

1592130731957.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back