Picture wanted from 2Z+EL

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

alecz

Recruit
Aug 31, 2011
Perhaps somebody could help me in finding pictures from my grandfather's warbird:

...the machine was a Bf110-G4 from 3./NJG6

...was shot end of dec 1944

He was the pilot, his name was Simon Wetschenbacher (Lt.)

THX
Alex

do you have the written KTB by Werner Koch ? interesting in 3rd staffel he would of not flown a Ju 88G-6 in December of 44. Sorry to hear of his loss and his two man crew near Gensingen.

do you have the written KTB by Werner Koch ? interesting in 3rd staffel he would of not flown a Ju 88G-6 in December of 44. Sorry to hear of his loss and his two man crew near Gensingen.

Sorry, but loss report is stating

Gensingen, Bad Kreznach, 29.12.44, Bf 110-G4, 2Z+EL, W.Nr. 730316, Nr.der meld. 95 20.40 Uhr

3./NJG6
3./Flg.A.Rgt. 42(603)

Report from Americans state few m S of Bingen a P61A 42-5550 shot most probably a Ju-88 dest, Lt.Gray + Lt. Robinson.

the Identification was a Ju 188 as I have the 425th US NFS records in microfische. I was a former member as a freind of the US night fighter association. Alecz do you have a foto of your Opa when he was a Nachtjäger pilot ?

this could be 2Z+EL or 2Z+LL from 3./NJG6. I should have took more careful notes.
1-Bf-110G-III_NJG6-.jpg

I see from the post below that this is 'LL', I will mark it as such. thanks. to the OP, sorry for posting the wrong pic.

Last edited:
Yes, I also have the records of the 425th in microfische, but I thought they claimed a Ju 88 as this is pretty similar to a BF110.

Also time and location is matching the BF110 loss.

?!?

the microfische of all the ETO P-61 groups is incomplete many with doubtful mention of whom they shot down the US NF crews were not good at ID'ing their enemy machines. the Ju 88 or even the 188 does not look like a Bf 110G4 night fighter from the tail at all. to be sure am not even remembering just where they made claims whether in the air as combat or reporting to ground control where they might think the German aircraft had crashed. several 422nd and 425th nfs kills cannot be 100 % confirmed as they the LW night bombers and fighters went down smoking into cloud and crashes and explosions were not always seen - this was only then an assumption.

your Opa's 110G-4 would of been painted in light two toned greys maybe the spinner with all black or black with Spiralschnauze or could of even matched the overall camo of the fuselage. may or may not have had Schräg waffen, should have upper nose with two Mk 108 3cm and lower nose with two MG 151/20 2cm.

Thanks for your good information.....
Talked to my mother who will contact her aunt to perhaps get a few more pictures where I can find this BF-110.........

Ratsel, thanks for the picture that I also found in the internet, which is the 2Z+LL....

Perhaps I will once find the 2Z+EL

THANKS anyway to everybody who joined the discussion !

as the cockpit was not heated on the Bf 110G-4 your Opa and his Bordfünker had the flying helmet with fur and the fur-lined Lederkombination maybe even heated.

post fotos when you receive them if possible as we are interested in seeing them. do not be frustrated if you do not find any late war fotos of 2Z+EL most likely the whole code was painted in Black. if he was involved in any of the Battle of the Bulge operations then his Bf 110G-4 also carried light bombs possibly even anti-personell bomblets to cover railroad and troop concentrations.

Beste

Users who are viewing this thread

Back