Pictures of Cold War aircraft.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Milton O. Thompson with a Lockheed JF-104A Starfighter at Edwards Air Force Base, 20 December 1962.

Milton+O.+Thompson+with+a+Lockheed+JF-104A+Starfighter+at+Edwards+Air+Force+Base,+20+December+...jpg

Both of them!
I think I remember the other had the glass bombardier nose of the Tu-104. Is that ti in the rear?

Thanks for the link. I had forgotten there were three prototypes. Perhaps the aircraft in back in the hangar is number three as the nacelles are different from the two pictured, as well, the nose glazing seems different.

A side view of the left wing pylon of an F-15 "Air-to-Ground Strike" Eagle aircraft. Attached to the pylon is a GBU-15
multiple bomb carrier loaded with CBU-58 bombs. Eglin Air Force Base, Florida, 23 December 1982. Despite being
designed purely as an air superiority fighter, with "Not a Pound for Air-to-Ground," the Eagle turned out to be pretty
good at ground attack as well, leading to the development of the F-15E Strike Eagle.

ASIDEV~1.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back