Pocket Guides

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Micdrow

“Archive”
Aug 21, 2006
Wisconsin
Here are a few Pocket Guide books issued to US troops during WWII to show the cultures of the different countries they could be fighting in.

Enjoy!!!

Attachments

• Pocket guide to China.pdf
    5.6 MB · Views: 188
  • Pocket guide to Germany.pdf
    6.1 MB · Views: 391
  • Pocket guide to North Africa.pdf
    5.2 MB · Views: 261
  • Pocket guide to Paris.pdf
    6 MB · Views: 251
  • Pocket guide to Hawaii.pdf
    6.1 MB · Views: 156
  • Pocket guide Egypt.pdf
    6.2 MB · Views: 162
  • Pocket guide France.pdf
    17.3 MB · Views: 105
  • Pocket guide Netherlands and East Indies.pdf
    17.8 MB · Views: 122
  • Pocket guide Netherlands.pdf
    5.3 MB · Views: 287
  • Pocket guide New Zealand.pdf
    4.4 MB · Views: 102
  • Pocket guide Northern France.pdf
    7.2 MB · Views: 108
  • Pocket guide Northern Ireland.pdf
    5.6 MB · Views: 207
  • Pocket guide Norway.pdf
    7.1 MB · Views: 276
  • Pocket guide Southern France.pdf
    8.1 MB · Views: 104
  • Pocket guide Syria.pdf
    5.9 MB · Views: 123
  • Pocket guide West Africa.pdf
    5.1 MB · Views: 106
  • Pocket book Iraq.pdf
    4.8 MB · Views: 116
  • Pocket Book Burma.pdf
    8.6 MB · Views: 252
  • Pocket Book New Caledonia.pdf
    6.9 MB · Views: 186
Last edited:
Cool beans there Maria,

Looking for something particlular? I never know what I will find next or I may have found it but never posted it

All the best
Paul

Anything on LW/RAF uniforms and personal gear is more than welcome, plus I'm on the lookout for anything that can give me an idea of what the day to day life of a Luftwaffe pilot posted on the Channel front was like, so if you've got any files or can recommend any books, I'll be more than interested. ;)
And grateful, of course. :rolleyes: :D

Cheers,

Maria.

Anything on LW/RAF uniforms and personal gear is more than welcome, plus I'm on the lookout for anything that can give me an idea of what the day to day life of a Luftwaffe pilot posted on the Channel front was like, so if you've got any files or can recommend any books, I'll be more than interested. ;)
And grateful, of course. :rolleyes: :D

Cheers,

Maria.

I beleive I have on book on RAF handbook and maybe 3 differnt german hand books. Not sure if I can post them. Will know more when I find them again and will let you know.

Okay, thanks Micd. ;) :thumbleft:
'ey btw, I've got the Osprey Men-At-Arms series handbook on the RAF 1939-1945, so no need to worry about that one. ;)

Okay, thanks Micd. ;) :thumbleft:
'ey btw, I've got the Osprey Men-At-Arms series handbook on the RAF 1939-1945, so no need to worry about that one. ;)

Hi Marie,

I have the following but not much on RAF uniforms is Suttons publishing RAF hand book. Fleet hand book and the bomber hand book. Though if interested Ive seen them in pdf format. I can try and find them again and send you the link of you like. :D

As far as the luftwaffe goes there is only one book on uniforms I can really recommend. Its called

Air organizations of the Third Reich The Luftwaffe by Roger James Bender. Drawings of ranks, uniforms, badges, flags and stuff. Well worth the money.

ISBN: 0-88740-474-X

Thank you very much Micdrow, that's awesome! :headbang: :notworthy:
And thanks for the title/author name of the Luftwaffe book, I'll see if I can find it somewhere in Europe. ;)

I've heard that the books called "Uniforms and Traditions of the Luftwaffe" by John Angolia and Adolf Schlicht should be worth getting hold of; is that a book series that you know anything about?
Here's a link to the first volume of the series:
Amazon.com: Uniforms and Traditions of the Luftwaffe, Volume 1 (9780912138640): John R. Angolia, Adolf Schlicht: Books
I think there's three or four books in the series, and judging from what I've read about it, it's a must have - but I'd like to learn more about the books before I eventually spend a small fortune on them. ;)

Cheers,

Maria.

Last edited:
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Thank you very much Micdrow, that's awesome! :headbang: :notworthy:
And thanks for the title/author name of the Luftwaffe book, I'll see if I can find it somewhere in Europe. ;)

I've heard that the books called "Uniforms and Traditions of the Luftwaffe" by John Angolia and Adolf Schlicht should be worth getting hold of; is that a book series that you know anything about?
Here's a link to the first volume of the series:
Amazon.com: Uniforms and Traditions of the Luftwaffe, Volume 1 (9780912138640): John R. Angolia, Adolf Schlicht: Books
I think there's three or four books in the series, and judging from what I've read about it, it's a must have - but I'd like to learn more about the books before I eventually spend a small fortune on them. ;)

Cheers,

Maria.

I will have to see what I can find but in the mean time I found this. Has some British navy air arms. Other wise I hadnt heard of that series of books.

REMOVED

Last edited:
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Here are a few more. Those with a G appended are Google scans and most are low resolution crap but the China one is high res.
Micdrow provided a 1943 China book - the one below is 1942.

Hopefully there are no duplicates

Attachments

• Pocket guide to China 1942 G.pdf
    50.7 MB · Views: 129
  • Pocket guide to Alaska 1943G.pdf
    107.1 MB · Views: 117
  • Pocket guide to cities of Belgium and Luxembourg 1944.pdf
    4.4 MB · Views: 46
  • Pocket Guide to Great Britian ww2.pdf
    11.8 MB · Views: 55
  • Pocket Guide to Great Britian ww2.pdf
    11.8 MB · Views: 55