Post models that aren't yours !

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

85th Chemical Mortar GI w/ Hand Made Recognition Planes

1690281098931.png

1690281142936.png

1690281164017.png

1. WWII US GI Photo - 85th Chemical Mortar GI w/ Hand Made Recognition Planes #1 | eBay
  2. WWII US GI Photo - 85th Chemical Mortar GI w/ Hand Made Recognition Planes #2 | eBay
  3. WWII US GI Photo - 85th Chemical Mortar GI w/ Hand Made Recognition Planes #3 | eBay

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Nice. IMHO these aren't ( at least , the left one ) the recognition planes. The left model seems to be the free flight rubber powered one. The right one also seems to be the flying wooden model with the tissue-paper skin. Both could have been used during an aiming training for moving targets. I would say these models seem to be just the hobby at the spare time result. Anyway the interesting shots.

:thumbright:

I attended the 2023 IPMS convention show yesterday. Many fantastic builds being shown in the competition area, but one stopped me in my tracks. I wasn't intending on taking photos except for kits that would be of interest, reference, in the future. Here is the one that made me stop. A Tamiya 1/48 He 219-A, the same kit that I just submitted for GB58. Wow, what a build to compete against. I don't have the builders name, most builds were placed on the tops of the entry forms and as per the rules 'no touching', so some info unreadable. But as I could squint and read some of it and it seems this is an out of box build, no added 'extras', but the finer details they were scratch build. A fine example of 'detailing', look at the pointy end pieces of the radar antenna; even these appear to have been turned down!

He219-A model 2 show.jpg

He219-A cockpit model show.jpg

He219-A engine model show.jpg

He219-A model show.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back