Post Your Models! (3 Viewers)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Three jets. Two F-104s to be done as RCAF, one a Checkerbird

1567045029704.png

....and a T-33 to be done as an RCAF Shark-mouth

1567045215540.png

Here is that same kit and subject, 1/48 Tamiya A6M2b Pearl Harbor plane tail number
AI-101 in 2011, built 16 years later with corrected colors. The old Tamiya Zero kit still
holds up well. It should be redone with new molding though. John
Zero 2.jpg
Zero 3.jpg

Last edited:
Not to ignore your build, which is indeed lovely, but your pics are equally so!

Something I need to research as my efforts are ... wanting -

Are you a natural, or did you take advantage of a particularly good research publication?

I have been doing research on Japanese WWII aircraft for about 15 years. I go to j-aircraft.com, Aviation Of Japan,
www.pacificwrecks.com. I also have Squadron Zero Walkaround and a Warbird Zero book. I have an extensive Squadron
Walkaround set of books for many aircraft, A6M Zero, Bf-109, F-8 Crusader, F-102, F-106, F-100, A-6A, B-52, F-4U, F-4F, U-2
and many many more. I also go to a lot of model websites. Google is your friend. John

This is old, actually I think it can be called a "classic" as I heard this kit called that recently
on E Bay. I am thinking 30 plus years old, probably one of my first Zeros. I know it's that old
as it is sitting on a Kodak 18% gray card I have not used since the Canon AE-1P SLR I used back
then has long been retired for a DSLR. The old Revell 1/48 A6M5 and I have no clue what paints
or colors I used, maybe Pactra? John
A6M5 Zero 1-48 Revell 1.jpg

A6M5 Zero 1-48 Revell 2.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back