Potez 540

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

fastmongrel

1st Sergeant
May 28, 2009
Lancashire
I am starting the best looking of the Ugly Sisters French interwar bombers. Aircraft that didn't so much fly as make the Earth recoil in horror.

Potez_540_photo_L%27Aerophile_February_1935.jpg

Just examining the contents and the hilariously brief instructions (1 side of A5)
IMG_20200801_153524257.jpg
which might go in the bin and I will wing it. I have done that before with short run kits and it usually works out after all there's only about 40 parts to this baby.

Aircraft that didn't so much fly as make the Earth recoil in horror.

:evil4:

I must admit i have a sweet spot for those frenchies.
German pilot: wazz izt das? Ich nicht feuern auf that abomination. Is not good for bullets. Mein Gott ich bin blind!!

I will follow this one as a hawk. Wearing sunglasses and bucket near, but i am committed.

Ps should be a group build called the Ugly Sisters.

That looks nice. All kidding aside i do like those french out houses. I have respect for the french as aviators. If you doubt that, look at what they flew before, during and after war. I convined that if it had any kind of wings and a engine the french would have flown it, if they had stolen it. And had succes doing so.

Bit of progress the undercarriage legs are very wobbly so I have reinforced them with some 0.45mm brass rod.
15963855960718238433057312200604.jpg

I was going to dump the windows and go with some scratch built ones but I think they're necessary to stop the sides being too flimsy so I have glued them in.
IMG_20200802_173120963.jpg

You can spot the original Heller influence on the kit nothing quite fits and you have to provide your own reinforcement.

I got some Romanian markings if you want them, will post a pic if you want ?

Thanks that's very kind of you, they would be perfect for the sides but looking at the picture I think I need a cross about 25mm for the wings. Let me get back to you after I have had a proper look around the net.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back