Pratt Whitney Twin Wasp R-1830

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Maharg

Airman 1st Class
Apr 5, 2007
Sydney
Hi all, can anyone point me to manuals, detail photos or schematics of this engine. I have all the tech specs I need, but I am lacking decent pics.

All the best.
Graham.

These are not 'decent pics'. But they're all I can find.

I've been meaning to ask you, if you don't mind, whereabouts in Sydney you're based. I've spent some time at Bondi, Rushcutter's Bay, Ramsgate, and Miranda.

Thanks Graeme, nice pics.
LOL you have been on the wrong side of the Harbour mate. I'm at Collaroy on the Northern Beaches....'Gods Country'. :)

Ahh..sounds better than the Eastern suburbs. My wife and I spent a week at the Sydney Children's Hospital in Randwick with our youngest son this time last year. We revisited some old 'haunts' but we both decided we could never live there again. Too big, too fast, too dangerous! I think Sydney represents 20% of Australia's population now? Now residing country NSW-Wagga.

Graeme I hope you boy is well mate.

The Eastern Suburbs has some great pubs. When I met my Mrs she lived in Bondi, and we partied hard. :shock:

Oh how I would love to live out of Sydney. I agree with what you said. I want to go South Coast NSW somewhere between Naroma and Bega. 5 acres with a creek LMAO. :)

Hello Sailor!

I am not all that familiar with the P&W versions. Here are a couple of photos I stumbled on yesterday. I believe the B-24 Liberator used this type. Hope they help you.

All the best.
Graham.

Oops.. I was distracted and I forgot to attach the pics :oops:

Here they are. :)

Attachments

• Pratt  Whitney Twin Wasp R-1830_01.JPG
    Pratt Whitney Twin Wasp R-1830_01.JPG
    196.3 KB · Views: 499
  • Pratt  Whitney Twin Wasp R-1830_02.JPG
    Pratt Whitney Twin Wasp R-1830_02.JPG
    272.7 KB · Views: 1,349
Maharg..just been watching the ABC news, hope you're not too close to this Unomedical emission scare.

No worries Sailor it's my pleasure. :)

@Graeme we are about 8k from where they are located, so it's no problem for us. But, I feel for the people who work and live in the vicinity. The media was playing the whole thing down in todays local rag. Hmmm...media says everything is fine......must believe media...:rolleyes:

All the best.
Graham. :thumbright:

Graham, look for Wylam's drawings of the R-1830 F-50 Cyclone. They're excellent!

Wylam's scale drawing books may be tricky to find these days, as they're pretty old. If you don't succeed, send me a PM with your e-mail address and I'll send you some scans.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back