Prince of Wales CSG readies to sail for Arctic

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Admiral Beez

Captain
Oct 21, 2019
Toronto, Canada
The RN's new carrier HMS Prince of Wales, plus the destroyers HMS Defender, USS Roosevelt and frigate HMS Richmond are set to sail to NATO ops north of Norway. Presumably there will be at least two NATO SSNs along. Does anyone know her CAG? Are there USN/USMC F-35Bs like on HMS QE's CSG? These two carriers couldn't have entered service at a better time. I just hope their AA is up to muster.

I know it can carry 50-60 a/c split between fixed-wing and rotary. TTBOMK, F-35s are the only fixed-wing a/c certified to operate aboard.
Capacity yes, but I wonder what the embarked CAG would be. The RAF/FAA doesn't have more than a couple dozen F-35Bs, which means they couldn't equip both carriers if they had to. The last of the first 48 ordered aircraft isn't expected to be delivered until early 2025.

Capacity yes, but I wonder what the embarked CAG would be. The RAF/FAA doesn't have more than a couple dozen F-35Bs, which means they couldn't equip both carriers if they had to. The last of the first 48 ordered aircraft isn't expected to be delivered until early 2025.

Because it's traveling with Roosevelt, perhaps PoW is carrying ASW/rescue heloes and leaving CAP or air-to-surface missions to the Americans?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back