Prop identification??

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Huffy

Airman
Oct 17, 2005
Shropshire
Our Recovery group has a propellor that it wants identifying-wondered if any of this might mean anything to anyone on here-

Can anyone out there identify the following details of a Wooden Prop Blade
1. Variable Pitch
2. Aluminium Edge
3. Numbers on the prop HR 5711, RA 10160 RTS, Ser No R 8836
Cant say it means anything to me but hopefully som knowledgeable person might point me in the right direction- no prizes on offer sorry

Huffy said:
Our Recovery group has a propellor that it wants identifying-wondered if any of this might mean anything to anyone on here-

Can anyone out there identify the following details of a Wooden Prop Blade
1. Variable Pitch
2. Aluminium Edge
3. Numbers on the prop HR 5711, RA 10160 RTS, Ser No R 8836
Cant say it means anything to me but hopefully som knowledgeable person might point me in the right direction- no prizes on offer sorry

Do you have a photo?

Good evening Fly,sorry I dont ,its a question that the secretary has posted us members with,because I assume its lanquishing in the museum somewhere and no one knows its origin,I will see if I can get one in a day or so, if its not apparent from the serial numbers.

The RA 10160 is the same numbering sequence that Dowty Rotol uses for its blade numbers. Varable Pitch Wood blades with aluminum edges were popular in the 1930s. I might be able to help if I could see a photo, hope this might help for a starter....

Cheers Fly,very helpful,always knew I could rely on you all. One day this week I,ll see if I can get a pic,all the best.

Apparently,someone has asked our secretary this question ,because they have discovered this prop,albeit the boss ,minus the majority of the blade,just the stumps presumeably,in a hedge near Wenlock edge ,Shropshire and had supplied the said numbers! So I,m not sure about getting a pic but thanks for your input all the same!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back