Propeller found in the Baltic Sea (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

nexmus

Recruit
Jul 30, 2021
This propeller was found on the east coast of Bornholm, Denmark in the Baltic Sea after WWII. I am looking for information of what type of plane it comes from, and if so maybe more? It might come from af british og US plane, og even af German og russian plane - we don't know. Maybe one of you can help me?

tempImagepvrf18.jpg

This propeller was found on the east coast of Bornholm, Denmark in the Baltic Sea after WWII. I am looking for information of what type of plane it comes from, and if so maybe more? It might come from af british og US plane, og even af German og russian plane - we don't know. Maybe one of you can help me?

View attachment 634645
If you could get one of the blades out of the hub (no small task after all these years!), the numbers on the hub-end of the prop would tell you who made it, and likely what aircraft it was used on. Good luck.

The worm drives on the hub are characteristic of VDM. Estimated diameter as well as the number of teeth on the reduction would help narrow down the list of potential aircraft.

Hi,
This propeller is a VDM unit that was fitted on a JUMO 211 Engine. It is probably from a He 111. There could still be stamped numbers on the front of the hub just behind the spinner mounting ring. With other numbers, it may be possible to exactly id the aircraft version.
Cheers

Eng

Users who are viewing this thread

Back