Proudly made in France

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

pampa14

Airman 1st Class
May 14, 2013
The following link provides a full report with lots of photos and information about one of the most famous fighter aircraft of all time and certainly one of the most important to France in WW2. I hope you enjoy and I count on your visit!

Aviação em Floripa: Morane-Saulnier M.S.406

thankyou for posting the link, and I found it very interesting. However, Id have to echo Adlers comments here. Only about 1000 Moranes were built, and the design had some rather severe limitations. Ive recently finished a model of the Morane, and was really struck by its small size...only about 2/3 the length of a contemporary Spitfire. Engine size was small, with limited potential for improvement, armament was also too light. Protection limited and speed and other key performance elements were all limited. In terms of capability in 1940, it was roughly similar to the Hurricane, but because of the size and engine limits, it lacked the stretchability of the British a/c.

The French did its best with the Morane and the FAF wrote a glorious chapter in its history with it, but war winner it was not.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back