Pubs....

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Oldest pub in Glasgow, still open....1792!

IMG_20240915_031519.jpg
 
The only one I visit -- I live sort of in the sticks outside Austin -- is a roadhouse bought by Poodie Locke, Willie Nelson's road manager, when he retired in 1997. I only moved here in 2012, three years after he died. But I can say that I've played on the same stage as Willie Nelson.

Poodie's Hilltop is a small bar, maybe 50 or 60 seated comfortably plus a couple of pool tables, a small dance-floor, and a veranda out back where patrons smoke various herbs.

Here I am a few years back on that stage:


View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sgUucgI2h2w&t=4s
 
On a recent nice day; I took my old car to see the oldest operating tavern in Lancaster County opening in 1814.
ShanksTavern.jpg

On the plus side, the growth of the micro brewery scene here has resulted in dozens of great new drinking establishments that started this century. 😃🍻
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back