Punk.....

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Lucky13

Forum Mascot
Aug 21, 2006
In my castle....
Is NOT my music, just thought that I'd get your opinion of this best 20 list that I found....

20: Billy Talent
The newest band on my list is moving up its stock on the great punk bands list. Originating from Canada they sound more British thanks to Benjamin Kowalewicz who brings the edgey vocals to the group.

19: Pennywise
They hate their goverement, they aint your avergae punk band and they are pretty damn popular. They are part of the almighty Epitaph Recording Label (best label of our time).

18: Dropkick Murphys
The largest punk band ever. These guys are original and unbelievable for having a bagpipe, mandolin, everyone shouting vocals and the raspy and low soundin Al Barr. These guys are my personal favorite.
Boston Rules!

17: The Clash
Greatest Pop Punk band ever.

16: Minuteman
The Minutmen could be classified as anything. They never stayed in one genre for too long. But when they were punks they were pretty damn good punks.

15: Sonic Youth
Sonic Youth is classic. Long songs make good records, and pass the time away, which makes Sonic Youth a favorite. By the way Youth Against Facism Kicks Ass

14: Black Flag
Black Flag was in my opinon the first of many great Southren Californa punk bands. Greg Ginn is the Uncle of Alex Flynn who is the Frontman of 1208 a Epitaph punk band you should check out.

13: The Misfits
Horror Punk Legends. Not much to say about the Misfits except that they are unusual and original.

12: UK Subs
Heavy and powerful the UK Subs are a original punk band. Hard vocals and powerful bass lines makes these guys great.

11: Hüsker Dü
Husker Du is great. These guys are freakin loons which makes them awesome. On the track "Pride" i can barely understand Bob. What the hell was he saying? But these guys are punk and ****ing good so they deserve to be on this list. Husker Du says **** You!

10: The Vandals
The Vandals are the craizest of all these punk bands. If someone ask you who is the most famous 80s punk band you better ****in say The Vandals.

9: Plasmatics
Wendy Williams is the queen of punk. These guys played with insanity and rage. They created and originated insanity in music.

8: Generation X
Billy Idol, a legend, a rocker, a hero and the frontman of the great band Generation X. With the hits Your Generation and Ready Steady Go these guys will always be remembered as the "band before Idol".

7: Dead Kennedys
The Dead Kennedys were vulgar hateful and crazy. But those three traits made them addicting and as punk as you can get. Great Punk Band that deserves to be on every great punk band lists.

6: The Who
The Who and The Stooges were the greatest influences to every true punk band. They may not sound punk, but with their stage presences and attitude they are heros to every punk band.

5: Reagan Youth
One of my personal favorite on the list. Maybe the most unknown on the list but these guys could rock. Dave Reubenstein (aka Dave Insurgent) life story is fascinating and depressing. RIP Dave

4: Minor Threat
Minor "****in" Threat is insanely, awesomely and kickassly good. These guys influenced the sounds of punk rock groups such as NOFX and Pennywise. They created short, sweet, and in your face songs. Minor Threat gave the 80's a good name.

3: The Stooges
Like The Who, The Stooges don't sound like your average punk band, but were f'in punk. Iggy Pop is a genius and has lead the best solo career of anyone other punk artist.

2: Sex Pistols
Pure Rebels, everything punk is about. Holiday in the Sun and Anarchy for the UK are classics to the Punk scene.

1: Ramones
The Ramones may be the greatest punk rock band ever. They mixed pop with punk which turned out to be classic. Influenced many great punk bands and changed the minds of many.

Ramones, Drop Kick Murphies, Black flag - remember them well.

I seen the Ramones 4 times - still listen to their 4 CD set on the way to work sometimes.

I remember when Black Flag was playing at local LA venues. The Whisky on Sunset Blvd. hosted a lot of Punk and new wave acts before they became really popular. I friend of mine had a girlfriend who was in an all-female punk band called "Sex Sick." They used to open for the Go-Gos!

I myself am not a big Punk fan but I do like some bands such as The Ramones, The Sex Pistols, The Who, and Black Flag.

I also really like Billy Talent but I would not consider them Punk. I got to see them live last summer at Rock im Park and the show was really good. Billy Talent really knows how to get a party started and get the fans involved in a show. I really enjoyed.

Below is some Billy Talent for you.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q0RAKVjFKRc

Users who are viewing this thread

Back