Question about FMB

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

thewritingwriter89

Airman 1st Class
Nov 5, 2008
In a small space capsule
Does anyone know how to change a stationary aircraft's skin? I didn't use to care until recently when I started getting kind of particular about accuracy and detail. Any help would be greatly appriciated.

i know how to change aircraft skins, but im not sure if those are the same skins as for the stationary aircraft

No. Skins for normal aircraft are easy to change but from what I can tell, skins for aircraft that will never take off during a mission and remain on the ground are fixed and unchangeable within the game. It's not such a big deal, but it is rather awkward having Russian front skins on a Western front Fw-190 or 109.

As far as skinning the stationary aircraft, I beleive you now can, due to the MODs that are available. Here's a link to the discussion regarding the mod required, how to skin them once you've installed the MOD: All Aircraft Arcade :: View topic - [MOD] Skinpacks SKIN MOD *Updated*

Don't ask me how the MOD works, all my IL-2 sims are stock :)

Yeah, my sims are stock as well and I'm trying to resist changing that. I do, however, wish there was a "one-time install" to get some of those third party maps. They look so good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back