Does anyone know how to change a stationary aircraft's skin? I didn't use to care until recently when I started getting kind of particular about accuracy and detail. Any help would be greatly appriciated.
No. Skins for normal aircraft are easy to change but from what I can tell, skins for aircraft that will never take off during a mission and remain on the ground are fixed and unchangeable within the game. It's not such a big deal, but it is rather awkward having Russian front skins on a Western front Fw-190 or 109.
As far as skinning the stationary aircraft, I beleive you now can, due to the MODs that are available. Here's a link to the discussion regarding the mod required, how to skin them once you've installed the MOD: All Aircraft Arcade :: View topic - [MOD] Skinpacks SKIN MOD *Updated*
Don't ask me how the MOD works, all my IL-2 sims are stock
Yeah, my sims are stock as well and I'm trying to resist changing that. I do, however, wish there was a "one-time install" to get some of those third party maps. They look so good.