Question on clear for Instrument Dials

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Robert Porter

Senior Master Sergeant
I have some Model Master Acrylic clear, and tested it on a small piece. It dries nice and clear. Is this better, the same, or worse than anything else for dropping into bezels on an instrument panel to create the clear glass look? Also any advice on how best to apply it?

Sounds good to me. I use Future, Tamiya Clear and puzzle glue. I apply mine with a round tooth pick, just dip it in the clear dab it in the middle of the dial and then slowly swirl it around

IF the instrument panel is in view AND the canopy will be opened, I've used the same stuff that George mentioned above. At this point I like and use Micro Crystal Clear. It does shrink a bit so start out CONVEX. It will flatten as it dries

There are several different brands but the ones I use dry crystal clear. I've slopped this stuff on the clear parts and you can't see it. It also acts as a filler but you need quite a bit so I only use it for very fine seams. It's fairly strong as well. I picked up a 1/48 Spitfire by the canopy.....gently, and the canopy held.

d_616.jpg
51601_box.jpg

It is a clear "glue" that people who put puzzles together use to glue the pieces together after the puzzle is finished. Ending up with a "picture" that can be "hung" on a wall for example

Users who are viewing this thread

Back