R E S P E C T

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

mmmm i definatly can see your point Heinz, my history pretty much said the same thing.
Njaco i see what your talking about and agree 100 % at least they will remember it if it isn't dressed up in all fancy crap.

When I attended High School back in the late '60's history text books sucked. We had dates and names but little substance. If I hadn't been reading history for myself, especially WW2, all I would have known was inventors and Presidents. I don't think its gotten much better.

about the November 11th being a holiday.There was a discussion here in Canada about being a holiday. An veteran said he was against it as then as any other holiday it would be just another day off and significance of the day would be forgotten. In Canada surprisingly enough turnouts at the cenotaphs have been increasing

Bernhart makes a good point. Make it a holiday and everyone would go and have a good time – that's what holidays are for and the significance would be quickly lost. I mean, look at what's happened to Christmas!

No, we must just ensure that the "silent majority" keep the faith and educate the younger generations as to what it is all about. After all, the history reveals a wonderful 'story' in the telling……and what youngster doesn't like a good story. However, don't forget to impart the essential truth – it wasn't a story, it was all true, and if you want to enjoy peace, prepare for war.

I think the intelligence of the graffitiists was summed up by the fact that they couldn't even spell 'Not' properly...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back