RAF veteran who flew secret mission told it’s too dangerous to sit in Spitfire (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

This is appliable to everyone. So, nobody should sit in the plane.
Not necessarily, but every museum should invest in a geiger counter, and regularly check the instruments for damage. The RAF Museum have gone way over the top, since nobody is allowed into the Lancaster cockpit, unless they're wearing a full anti-radiation suit. Crazy, when a geiger counter only weighs a few ounces. I always laugh when I see photos of the Spitfire I, at Cosford, since you're not allowed even to look in the cockpit "'Cos of the radiation, mate," but they leave the hood pulled back.

and that is doubtful because of your location

You are judging my country with stereotypes, and you also don't know if I ever get out of it or not.

Spitfire - Museu Asas de Um Sonho - São Carlos

Spitfire in a Brazilian museum, together with other WWII aircraft aircraft.

About the guy enter in the Spit or not, if there was not seat, then the situation would be more difficult. But the veteran complained a lot, and he was very used to the aircraft. I'm just trying to view the two sides here.

Last edited:
You are judging my country with stereotypes, and you also don't know if I ever get out of it or not.

Spitfire - Museu Asas de Um Sonho - São Carlos

Spitfire in a Brazilian museum, together with other WWII aircraft aircraft.

About the guy enter in the Spit or not, if there was not seat, then the situation would be more difficult. But the veteran complained a lot, and he was very used to the aircraft. I'm just trying to view the two sides here.
you live in a large country and the museums and warbirds are few and far apart.that is one shiny spit in your museum and you can't even touch it looking at barriers
here is pic of MK912

Attachments

• IMG_0061.JPG
    IMG_0061.JPG
    70.7 KB · Views: 54
  • IMG_0062.JPG
    IMG_0062.JPG
    71.2 KB · Views: 50
Last edited:
I was used to Hueys, Cobras and Loachs at one time. But that was 40 years ago. And in the gentlemans case you're talking about it would have to be well over 60 years since he's been around Spitfires daily. I think you're giving way too much credit to the brain to retain small details for very long periods, it can in some cases, but usually not the details you want to remember.

you live in a large country and the museums and warbirds are few and far apart.that is one shiny spit in your museum and you can't even touch it looking at barriers
here is pic of MK912

You know if I don't see this Spit closer? He came to the musum flying you know? And you also know if I ever get out of my country? How dare you to say those things about me like if know me?!

About the veteran, again, there's much things to considerate that we don't know. But the age itself is not the problem, as Bud Anderson still flies solo and is only one year younger. The guy can have an athletic body for his age. Nobody here knows his shape until now.

Last edited:
You know if I don't see this Spit closer? He came to the musum flying you know? And you also know if I ever get out of my country? How dare you to say those things about me like if know me?!

OF course your totally correct , lets drop the old geezer in the seat and lets see if he can fly it also after all Bud Anderson does

My $.02 I suspect that what drives these rules is the same thing driving most silly rules, i.e. The Insurance Company. Which, plain and simply does not was the liability of ANY injury to plane or visitor. It means THEY loose money.

OF course your totally correct , lets drop the old geezer in the seat and lets see if he can fly it also after all Bud Anderson does

A previous post of mine:

Everything has it's exceptions, like I said. Everything appliable to Bud Anderson is appliable to this guy. What matters is the health, not the age. If he wasn't fit, then ok. Otherwise, it was unfair.

Leave your deductive reasoning for situations were it is necessary.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back