Raid on Berlin Museum

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Is that 3rd pic a PZL? Sorry for my ignorance
You have any pics of that Curtiss? would be interesting.
To clarify:
1. Udet's Curtiss II
2. PWS-26
3. PZL P.11c
4. Me 209V1 (not V4 as i wrote before)

I dont think he meant that as insult. So calm down!
Yes, he didn't meant anything bad. I know, you know and he even know also...
But there are peoples far away from Europe who know nothing about our history and reading this text. Consequently there are a lot of mistunderstandings appears. So, few months ago I could read in New York Times about Polish death camps in Oświęcim-Brzezinka. Yes, it was mistake but somebody could wrote a truth about German's camps in Auschwitz-Birkenau and it would be clear, right?

P.S.
It's nothing personally agaist you and Dolpho, and there's no connection with fact you are Germans. You can use Krakau name regarding 1939-1945 period freely :)

Hello Guys, Krakau was never a german town. It was "only" occupied during the war. Before the first world war it belogs to Österreich-Ungarn, this area called Galizien.
I live in a town with three names, a german, a netherland and a french name. I think there will be also one in latein.There are four names for one town in ONE WORLD.

Yeap and people in different countries call cities by different names. The people of the United States call Muenchen Munich and Koeln, Cologne.

In a book I have, there are 1 or 2 pictures of the museum before it got bombed. I'll see if I can find them back. If I remember correct you can see a dfs habicht, a heinkel 112 and a junkers 52 on it, between a lot of other planes.

Tom

Not to forget mentioning Manfred von Richthofens personal ALbatros DIII!
It also was on Display in Berlin. BTW, while the museum was bombed in 1943, the real disaster came in post war times when the remaining planes / wrecks (including the fairly well preserved Do-X) were scrapped or thrown away...
Same happened on several archeologic museums in Berlin.

And in Britain we call Kraków (Krakau) , Cracow.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back