Rare Birds in Everett, WA

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

buffnut453

Captain
Jul 25, 2007
Cambridgeshire, England
Having a wee family holiday in northwest Washington State. Visited the Flying Heritage and Combat Armor Museum as well as the Seattle Museum of Flight Restoration Facility and Reserve Collection, both located in Everett. The former was absolutely outstanding with some unique airworthy aircraft. The latter was also worth the $5 entry fee.

I'm afraid a few of the pics didn't turn out too well due to awkward lighting within the hangar.

Here's the first group of pics from the Flying Heritage and Combat Armor Museum, many of which have proven combat histories:

Nakajima Ki-43-Ib "Oscar" - this is the only surviving Ib and, although restored to flying condition, will probably not be flown again due to its unique status:

Last edited:
Great pics.
I'm not sure, but the Lanc nose section may be the ex-Strathallan Lanc, which was severely damaged (broken back I believe) when the hangar roof at Woodford collapsed under the weight of snow some years back.

Great pics.
I'm not sure, but the Lanc nose section may be the ex-Strathallan Lanc, which was severely damaged (broken back I believe) when the hangar roof at Woodford collapsed under the weight of snow some years back.

According to the blurb, the Lanc was formerly at the British Historic Aircraft Museum which, I believe, was located at Southend.

Great photos! Any shots of my love , the D-13?
Nice to see they didn't placard the Jagdpanzer 38T as a "Hetzer"!

Users who are viewing this thread