Rare gas operated machinegun ( ? )

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

CB, I remember the History Channel did a show on guns. I've not been able to find it but I do believe that that piece of video you have was on the show. I'll keep checking but don't hold your breath.

exactamundo my dear Kocorhttp://www.romfi.com/show_picture.cfm?PicName=xLight Michine Gun (.303-Inch).jpg&foldname=Weapons

It was a lousy weapon and prone to jamming and breaking. It was designed from the Farquar Hill automatic rifle. This was ordered in 1918 but due to the success of the allies the rifle was cancelled. The admiralty then ordered it as a light machine gun and Beardmore got involved. It was made at the F E Bakers and stored there till 1928. It was never regarded as a good weapon. The War Office thought its trials were a waste of ammunition. Something always broke. When it flew in a Bristol Fighter in 1919 it jammed on its last round and the air gunner stood on the magazine. three eqipped Beardmores Latvian Fighter of 1927? Of course the whole combination was lousy. I was told it equipped air sea rescue launches in ww2 but when I checked I was embarassed by the replies of the officials. Now I know better!
have a look at Beardmore Aviation ISBN: 0957344309 / 0-9573443-0-9

I guess it didn't live up to its publicity then :)

Here's the first page of the manual.....sounds good.

BF.gif

Steve

Users who are viewing this thread

Back