RE: RAF Type 2 L Gun sight scale drawings (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

lee1974

Airman
Jun 1, 2020
Hello,

Currently trying to locate any scale drawings/measurements for the RAF Type 2 gun sight, if anyone could assist me i would be very grateful.

Kind regards

Pilot's Reflector Gun Sight Mk.II*
overall height: 10.25 inches​
overall width: 4.25 inches​
overall length: 5.25 inches​

The Mk.IIL is a standard Mk.II* sight modified so that the pilot can adjust the angle of reflector and hence depress/elevate the line of sight.

iil3.jpg
Gunsight rocket 2.jpg

Not sure if this helps but this is a sketch of mine of a Mk.II*. Probably not exact to the millimetre.

gunsight_mkiistar.png

Last edited:
Hello Greyman, this is slightly off topic but I started a thread on another British gunsight and did not get any answer, so I was wondering wether you could help : I got parts for a "Type 6 Sight Mark 3" in an eBay lot of bits and pieces, and can't seem to find any info on what it might be.

Do you have any idea, by any chance ?

B.

Pilot's Reflector Gun Sight Mk.II*
overall height: 10.25 inches​
overall width: 4.25 inches​
overall length: 5.25 inches​

The Mk.IIL is a standard Mk.II* sight modified so that the pilot can adjust the angle of reflector and hence depress/elevate the line of sight.

Not sure if this helps but this is a sketch of mine of a Mk.II*. Probably not exact to the millimetre.

Attachments

• IMG_2401.JPG
    IMG_2401.JPG
    584.8 KB · Views: 164
  • IMG_2402.JPG
    IMG_2402.JPG
    902.3 KB · Views: 150
  • IMG_2404.JPG
    IMG_2404.JPG
    886.8 KB · Views: 166
I don't recognize anything there -- but judging by the looks of what you've posted I'd start sniffing down the bomb sight path ...

Hi Guys, does anyone have some accurate measurements for the Barr & Stroud RAF Mk II Reflector Gunsight please? The drawing/diagram is very helpful but would be great if the dimensions were added in place? Thank you in advance!

Figures I have are:

Height: 10¼ inches
Width: 4¼ inches
Length: 5¼ inches

Another source I have has the length at 6⅛ inches. I think there's wiggle room in what ancillary parts are included. eg: I'm not sure if the protecting pad or cable ferrule at the bottom are included in the dimensions.

If you're looking to be exact I think the best bet is to make friends with someone who actually has an example.

Thank you Greyman, yes I would need at least one good dimension then extrapolate from there. The "Height: 10¼ inches" is measured from where to where? Top of the glass, top of the glass mount? haha this be the problem. But thank you very much for the reply.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back