Realism - more than Patriotism

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

January 23. High minus 5, overnight low, minus 26.

Three inches of fresh powder on great ski-doo trail. Brought suet but didn't deploy it. River with moose tracks in the frozen slush .... low hanging riverbank browse for them. Willy's neighbor, John, has cleared a skating rink for his 2 girls .... they were there Friday night under a full moon ... with the temperature falling.

Canada is a land of the possible .... :)
IMG_0106.jpg
IMG_0104.jpg
IMG_0113.jpg

A friend sent me this .....

ATT00165.jpg

I replied:

" ... haha .... but I have faith in the Canadian Market - the banks - and Canadian resourcefulness, all my investments are in Canadian 'pesos' and I believe Canada is worth the 'risk' --- worse is to come --- the US financial institutions are now dealing sub-prime automobile and home improvement (green) loans ... to folks who can't afford them ... heh, didn't I read this chapter already.

"America was built by men in denim .... and it is being destroyed by men in suits"
Canada doesn't indulge in quasi-criminal banking practices.

I didn't buy winter cauliflower when it was $1.99 so I could care less if it currently costs $7.00 .... and I love Ontario cauliflower in late August and September ."

IMG_0126.jpg
IMG_0119.jpg
IMG_0118.jpg
IMG_0121.jpg
February 2. Mild and raining.

The Don Jail ....

Met my former IT colleague for lunch today .... we visited a former boss who is dying of breast cancer in palliative care at the BridgePoint Health Care centre. My friend is in charge of IT infrastructure for the new facility but administration is housed in Toronto's old Don Jail .... so I got the tour:

Don Jail - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Last edited:
IMG_0127.jpg

IMG_0128.jpg

February 7. High minus 5, overnight minus 30 on the way.
Good visit with Willy and my trail-breaking neighbours down river. Kilos of suet hung. Walking out ... Willy on skates ... clearing his new rink

Last edited:
IMG_0142.jpg

IMG_0146.jpg
IMG_0152.jpg
IMG_0153.jpg

February 25. High minus 5, low minus 15.

Ice-storm aftermath ...... February 24

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back