Realism - more than Patriotism

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

November 30. Why I Don't BELIEVE .....

... in Global Warming. I KNOW it to be real ... like gravity.

We humans have the lifespan of grass, of mayflies, compared to the time spans that govern earth.

worldmap1.jpg
image.php.png

November 30. Why I Don't BELIEVE .....

... in Global Warming. I KNOW it to be real ... like gravity.

We humans have the lifespan of grass, of mayflies, compared to the time spans that govern earth.

View attachment 474144 View attachment 474145
North Yorkshire in England at one time was completely covered in ice which formed the vale of York it is however also it is the most northerly point on the globe where Hippopotamus bones have been found, dated by calcite deposits to 121,000 years ago.

Last edited:
... lots of good eatin' down in Huey P. Long country. FDR once proclaimed that Douglas MacArthur was the 2nd most dangerous man in America .... after Governor Long. If you ever get a chance visit the Tabasco establishment in LA ... they store the sauce for aging in an underground hollowed out salt dome ... like US oil reserve. :)

December 2. Over night low minus 33, day time, with wind chill, minus 22.
Only got one photo before camera shut down.

IMG_0672.jpg

.... just got the main water line flowing after 24 hours of 'no flush' ... Wagner high-output heat gun suspended close to the killer 90 degree turn right at ground level ... inside a framed, dry-walled, cavity. I have the pipe wrapped with heated wire and just leave it on year 'round .... but ... nights below minus 15 with wind kills that right angle. When the weather is moving in that direction the only answer is to leave a tap open at a steady drip. Doing that is only a 'kluge' and I need to think up a 'fix' ..... that doesn't cost a mint $$$ and doesn't rip my office apart. :)

Today's cold and dry; not much chance of snow. Once I get my good socks on and put on the dog's coat, we'll go for a little walk. My main problem in this weather is that my car is a piece of crap and the local train service (Shoreline East) got its cars and locomotives from somebody who was drummed out of used car sales and real estate development for unethical behavior, so the trains don't run on time. Or, frequently, at all. Since my alternative involves driving on one of the most over-used highways in the US, I'm not looking forward to Tuesday.....I may have to actually drive to work instead of taking the train. :horror:

It seems that these days in the UK, 'heavy snow' equates to around 2 inches !
Roads, rail and airports come to a grinding halt because of it - but then, there's a whole generation that haven't experienced 'proper' snow, and don't know how to drive in it, or cope with it in general.
I was brought up in the north east of England, where the winter winds and snow came from Siberia, and snow fall average was around 6 inches, with 'heavy' snow measured in feet. I now live on the west side of the Pennines, around 1,000 feet above sea level, and when I first moved to my current location, around 25 years ago, snow fall was quite heavy, with around a minimum 4 to 8 inches in the town, and a couple of feet or more just 'up the hill'.
But now, we get 'wet snow', and very little, although it tends to freeze, and stay frozen, for days or weeks, which can be a bit of a bind.

I bought my daughter a beautiful wooden sledge in East Germany in 1995 ( she was five) by the time she actually saw real snow on the ground she was well into her teens and sledges were "uncool".

Users who are viewing this thread

Back