Realism - more than Patriotism

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Canada Day, so much to be thankful for ...
IMG_3174.jpeg
IMG_3165.jpeg
IMG_3156.jpeg
IMG_3161.jpeg

... in this day and age ... swimming should be part of childhood education .. and maintained throughout life, my wife has done Aqua-fitness for years and it has made enormous improvements to her health, fitness and well-being. Next visit I will have a brief reunion with the deep hole - carefully - but will experience the river flow on my carcass, and water's buoyancy on my diminished mass.
'raise with the tide - go with the flow' -- or not.
:salute:

July 4, 2021 Hello Americans

I celebrate Leks' birthday, yesterday, with you today. I won't make light of the hot weather - the Heat Dome - as you can clearly see.

Screen Shot 2021-07-04 at 8.50.05 AM.png

I'm not 'going with flow' in my thinking on this -- I watch the jet stream every day - it's been crazy starting last fall.
The mag north always wanders but right now it's moving towards the Russian Federation faster than a born-again Soviet.
Lots of seismic going on - Taiwan, China and other spots along the fault-lines; volcanic activity.

The sun is currently in a solar minimum stage -- earth is receiving greatly reduced bombardment of the usual solar output. This output 'normally' imposes a brake on the jetstream

To my rational/ generalist mind - none of these has anyhing to do with CARBON. The mag N and mag S are in the process of 'flipping' - reversing polarity. It's common occurrence over Geological time and we are overdue, now. No humans have witnessed such a flip - but - geese, turtles, fish, and early primate ancestor species certainly experienced one or more flips.
None had electronics or satellites, however.

Earth scientists are beginning to understand the 'mechanics' of a flip. The molten iron core is circulating (turning) independent of the outer crust, its shell. The molten core has uneven heat distribution resulting from differences in its shell. These differences in the core result in the shape changing from golf ball to egg ... at this stage the fat end of the egg starts getting fatter and fatter until the pressures and dynamics are such that it flips - like a washing machine spin cycle unbalanced load.

Like everything in life, it will be interesting to watch, there is no product anyone can sell you, there is no law or tax that can be imposed on you, that will alter what is going to take place. No government has the power ... world government would not have the power.

But, we must DO something. The PEOPLE expect us to DO something. We can't tell them TRUTH.

Tell them CO2 ..... that will keep their minds and $$$$s off track.

Last edited:
"... thousands of scientists might disagree with you."

Thousands of Soviet scientists disagreed with Gregoire Mendel's Theory of Inheritance --- millions of Soviets died because the Soviet Scientists were wrong about crops ... dead wrong.

Science is not dogma and science is not 'political'. Scientists make it that way for the sake of fame, tenure, grant $$$ and the Big NP. Politicians use science and scientists for credibility.

I talk with Willy about 'the weather' all the time. When I talk solar minimum, jet stream and flip he says "Why do you care? You can't DO anything about it."

My reply "I know, but want to know what the world is doing, I want to understand a little bit more of that".

Challenge the science, Ask how mankind can have a more powerful impact on earth than the Sun does! Ask the scientists, if they are honest they will admit "There is nothing we can do".

But there's no $$$ fame or fortune in that answer, is there?

Last edited:
Hhmm, is the thought of a magnetic flip that upsetting?
Not in the slightest. My issue is with people apparently purporting that CO2 emissions and other greenhouse gases have nothing to do with the climate change issue at hand and further implying some grand conspiracy is at play.

".... some grand conspiracy is at play."

Human nature is not a 'conspiracy' - I have never used the term. But my independent mind asks questions. The order of magnitude, for example, of solar emissions vs CO2 man-made emissions, which is greater? The order of magnitude of orbital effects on earth climate vs man-made carbon emissions, which is more profound? Earth is at its greenest since satellite image capture - where's the fertilizer coming from?

The press and politicians are taking tirelessly about climate change and carbon. Why do they never talk about the major climate influencers?

You looking for conspiracy, GTX, well it's a conspiracy of silence, IMO

"... a greener earth "
Might be a factor I grant, but, colour-shift does not change the chemistry of photosynthesis, does it?
Sunlight+ CO2+growth media = plant sugars + oxygen. So, if there is more CO2, and no argument; there is, it stands to reason, more plant growth.

Last edited:
maybe they resist having it endlessly shoved down their throats ... every event is 'climate change' ... fires, floods, droughts, ocean levels rising, wildlife diminished, famines

How do you think folks felt in 1818 when there was no summer?
How about the water taxi business on a frozen Thames River?

In these 2 cases, volcanic activity caused a nuclear winter, these events are much more catastrophic than CO2.
When the great caldera in the USA blows, it would be nice to have some kerosene for the stove when nuclear winter prevails for COUPLE OF YEARS.

"... That equals implying some grand conspiracy is at play."

Yes, it does, but not about 'climate' as you suggest I'm suggesting ... the 'conspiracy' is around the notion that government can solve or mitigate all situations. COVID has demonstrated that governments, even in Communist China, cannot prevent occurrences such as pandemics.

NOTE: it is only a matter of time before the Mods close this thread down for being 'political'. I appreciate they have a job to do, but I am aware we are on the edge with this pleasant exchange.

Last edited:
You are correct...

Why do some people continue to resist the no politics rule? I'm getting sick of it. About to start taking action.

Not just in here, but in other threads as well. l

" .... influencing the perception"

Perception is subjective - the chemistry is not. There's too much 'perception' in life today and not enough empirical observation of the reality. IMO.
Poor choice of words on my part. I was trying to say that spectrum shift in the atmosphere could be making the intensity of green look greater to a satellite than it truly is at the surface. Why do we see blue sky rather than black space?

Getting waterbaby off to a good start! Bravo! When I worked as a Water Safety Instructor one summer I was amazed at how many kids raised by overprotective parents weren't acclimated to the water, and by the time they were six or seven were downright scared of it.
... in this day and age ... swimming should be part of childhood education .. and maintained throughout life, my wife has done Aqua-fitness for years and it has made enormous improvements to her health, fitness and well-being. Next visit I will have a brief reunion with the deep hole - carefully - but will experience the river flow on my carcass, and water's buoyancy on my diminished mass.
'raise with the tide - go with the flow' -- or not.
When I was in China my hotel had a 15m swimming pool in the basement that wasnt used for swimming. People went there and fooled around but no one actually swam. None of my colleagues could swim and when I went to Quindao by the sea, my translator and driver thought I was some sort of Olympian for swimming in the sea, despite being a tourist resort just before the Olympic events there no one was in the water, but Chinese dont drown.

My wife worked for a university, there are many universities in UK and almost all are on rivers. The number of students who fall in rivers and drown every year is ridiculous as a means to die and almost all from places like China India and South America. They are students who come here to learn but with some young men you cant teach them FA. Even if you can swim, you wont survive long with a belly full of beer in a flowing river, and even on the hottest day any UK river is cold enough to shock some people into paralysis.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back